Thursday, August 9, 2007

Whirlwind Trip

Sorry I have not posted in several days. We have been busy as you can imagine. Lots of stuff to do and get done in our new place.

First of all, we had way too much stuff for our new place. So we have been deciding what to keep or throw with limited storage capacity. I actually love this process of cleaning out our stuff and our lives, per se. How much "stuff" does one family really need anyway?! I didn't realize how much junk we had been accumulating over the past several years. It is a fresh start in many, many ways. I love it.

I just got back yesterday from taking my good friend Mike Forde to the airport in Charleston SC. We left on Tuesday evening and drove down to Charleston. We got into town late and went to the downtown area to find some food. We were starving! We ate at a place called T-BONZ. It was one of the only places left open when we finally got around to eating. We both hit the wall as we were sitting there waiting for our food to come. Moving...going to the beach...and driving for three plus days finally caught up with us.

The next day Mike had an "informational" interview at MUSC for dentist type stuff. He loved Charleston and didn't mind the searing heat but they were not filling the position he was inquiring about until next July. So, It's off to CA for Mike and Heather.

Yesterday was Hunter's birthday!! He is 12! After I got back from Charleston, we went out t dinner to celebrate Ebby (7/28), Walt-wee (7/29) and Hunter's (8/9) birthdays. We ate at a yummy seafood restaurant called Sea Merchant's. It was fun.

This is one of the main reason's we moved here: to be able to just hang out, have dinner, run errands, WHAT EVER, with Beth and Walt. It has been great so far.

We also have discovered the pool in our complex. THERE IS A JACUZZI!! The kids love the pool; dad loves the jacuzzi. We have gone every day so far.

ONE LAST THING- I have discovered one thing about myself--I am not good about taking pictures. I apologize for this. I promise to work on it and get some interesting and informational photos onto this blog. Please bear with me.

Also, take this little poll. This way I will know what to do about the reader comments.

3 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Who wrote this: Ebby or Ron? Can you sign them?

Anonymous said...

Ronnie wrote it.

TAV said...

Wow! I'm impressed with the poll-inserting. That's awesome you have a pool! I want to visit Charleston! Happy belated birthday, Hunter! I can't believe he's 12! That's a lot of exclamations!