Monday, August 27, 2007

Peace and Quiet Have Come to Visit Me

So it's Monday and Ebby started her new job today. She was a little nervous and excited.
the kids started school today too. They were all a little anxious. Veronica was down right nervous. Here was our conversation on the way:
Me- "What is the worst thing that could happen to you today?"
Veronica- "I could make a fool out of myself."

Me- "NOPE! The worst thing would be if you pooped your pants! So don't poop your pants and everything will be okay!"

A little fatherly advice for all of you about to start school or a new job. That is a free one but I will have to charge you for any further advice. Am I motivational, or what!?

Hunter was actually excited. He didn't seem nervous at all. He is pretty easy-going and makes friends easy. So he won't have a problem. Cole was excited too. Ebby took him so I didn't get to give him one of my signature pep talks on the way. When they left he was excited though.

Well, as you can imagine it is a lot quieter around her this morning. I am actually basking in the glow of this delicious silentness. I will be taking a nap today...in silence.

Quick note- I made over $100 in tips last night at the pizza place. It was a good night.

Have a great day. I hope your is as silent as mine.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was on worship team this past weekend. Ed Rho was in the congregation on Sunday, and he stopped me in the hall after the music portion. Here's a snippet of our dialog:

Ed: "I saw you laughing between the last two songs and I thought it was hilarious!"
Me: "Uh, you DID?"
Ed: "Yeah, you had this big smile on your face, and I'll bet I know why."
Me: "Really....? You do?"
Ed: "Well, I thought it was funny because Becky's transition on piano between 'Here I Am To Worship' and 'How Great Is Our God' sounded like 'St. Elmo's Fire'! You thought that too, right?"
Me: "Well no, not exactly."
Ed: "Oh, sorry. It's not 'St. Elmo's fire,' it's 'St. Elsewhere.' Right?"
Me: "I don't know. Is it?"
(Ed's wife, Lynn, stops smiling and begins to cringe.)
Ed: "You know, when Becky played the first few measures of 'How Great Is Our God' over the song before, like 'Da-dat-dat-dah,' and it sounded like a movie. Or maybe TV. You know, it might actually be 'Hill Street Blues.' Right?"
Me: "Well Ed, I don't know what to say. I wasn't actually thinking of any of those things."
Ed: "Then what were you thinking about?"
Me: "My friend Teresa Fox. 'How Great Is Our God' is her favorite song, and I was just happy she was there."
Ed: "Oh."

I guess it shows to go ya that our assumptions about people are often incorrect. And obviously, my thoughts were MUCH simpler than Ed's! Pretty funny, huh?! :^)

Have a great week, Rays! It's STILL raining here.... (See, even God's sad you moved!)

The Ray Family said...

That's hilarious! Ioften wonder if people wonder what we are thinking during worship or if the just assume we are 'lost' in worship.

I will see you choir weekend. I am coming back to play drums.

Anonymous said...

I have been playing theme songs from shows for the past two years in my underscoring....it's about time somebody noticed!

Anonymous said...

I heard you were coming back for choir weekend. Way cool! It'll be a great time! (And Becky, I've always known about the subliminal messages you send during underscoring. You're really not THAT sly.... :^))