Saturday, August 18, 2007

I got a job!!!!

Yesterday morning I went on a job interview at a church here in North Myrtle Beach. I then had to go to Myrtle Beach to run an errand. On my way back to NMB I got a phone call from the Pastor of the church and we talked for about 30 minutes. We talked about family, our beliefs and about ministry. It was a great talk.

After hanging up the phone I went and did a couple of things with my mom before going home. An hour later I was walking through the door to the house when I received a phone call with the job offer at the church. I was so excited!! I HAVE A JOB!!!

I start on the 27th and the church is only a 5 minute drive from our house. I will work from 8-5 with a one hour lunch break. Not a bad schedule. I could actually go home during my lunch break if I wanted.

I was getting so bummed out about all the resumes that I had sent out and had no response from. Then I go on this interview...only the 2nd one since moving here...and a couple of hours later they offer me the job. I am so thrilled.

Enough of all that.

Things here are going well. Some of the things that bothered me when I lived here before are starting to already bother me again. For example you never know when the swing bridge is going to be working or not. There is a bridge leading from the Cherry Grove area over to where we live and not many tourists know about it. It has to swing to the side for the larger boats to come through. Some times the bridge breaks, therefore you may be stcuk sitting there waiting and not knowing that the bridge isn't going to turn back so that you can cross. This happened yesterday and I was getting supper impatient, but trying to be good because the whole family was in the car with me. Needless to say I ended up turing around and going a different way.

Another thing are the people that don't know where they are going. I have fallen into a grumpy state of mind where "tourists" are concerned. I have to get over this. I don't own the road and these people are what make the Grand Strand possible. To eleviate my frustration I try to take back roads and stay off the main road (Highway 17).

I will stop my complaining. I think that I am going to take my family to a beach just across the North Carolina state line and go looking to shells and beach glass. That should make for a fun afternoon.

Later taters,

Ebby Ray

No comments: