Monday, August 13, 2007

I Like My Car

A month or so ago I was looking for a new/used car for me. I was determinded to get a VW Bug...the new version. I mean I was determined that I was going to be driving one of these cars. Ronnie wasn't in agreement with me, but if I could find one then I could get it. Well I looked and looked but couldn't come up with one in the right price range with the right mileage. Ronnie in the mean time found a VX Passat wagon that he thought I should get. It would be good for traveling and loading up all the kids stuff and cart them everywhere.

Due to some circumstances I had to have a car in three days and I just couldn't find a Bug. I finally gave in and said ok to the Passat ONLY because I had run out of time. I was against this car from the beginning. I still wouldn't admit that it was ok...until this past week.

On our moving journey to South Carolina the breaks went out in my car. We took Ronnie's car off of the trailor and put my car up on it until we could get here and have work done on it. I had to look at my car behind the moving truck from Kentucky to here. Then the car shop had a hard time getting the parts for it. I didn't have my car for 7 days between moving and getting the parts in.

Here I am admitting that I missed my car. I really like my car. It has great air conditioning, which I MUST have here at the beach, drives great, has tons of room, and is quite cute.

I know this is a lame post. Why write about my car? I got my car back this morning! I really like my car!!!

Here is something else that is rather hard to say. Ronnie.....was.......right. Ugh! That is so hard to say. He was right that this car was better suited for our family than the bug would have been. I was trying to have a mid-life crisis and not care if the whole family fit in my car. I really wanted to get the car that I wanted, not the car that was "best for the family". Well I wasn't having a mid-life crisis so that didn't work at all.

I really like my car!

Ebby Ray

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Laura Rohrbaugh:

As a former new Beetle owner, I can honestly say that they're the BEST! I don't blame you at all for wanting one! But practicality usually wins out eventually--I'm now driving a nice, but large, minivan. Gosh, my eyes are welling up with tears at the very thought....

Anonymous said...

People should read this.