Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Tell ME!!!!

Today I got a phone call and I will refrain from stating who called me. The person checks our blog regularly and they will know who they are. Just to let this person know I am still thinking about this phone call. (to let everyone else know...this wasn't a bad phone call. It was one of those I have something to tell you but I can't tell you right now phone calls)

Anyway...I wanted to write a little something about 2 of my favorite people. Don K. and Becky R. were co-workers of mine at Christ Community Church as well as friends of mine and Ronnie's. Don is the worship leader and Becky is his assistant. Just to let you know it is Becky that does all the work. If you know Don personally do not let me try to tell you that he does all the work. Becky does it ALL! She is the worker and Don just listens to music in his office all day. We could all hear the music in the outer office.

Some of my favorite times at work was during the monthly staff meeting. Don and Becky would sit in the same corner of table during every meeting. Jennifer J., Brandon G., and I would sit on the same side of the room. I would get so craked up listening to Don make jokes about other staff member, especially Pastor Paul. I loved the staff meetings just because of that. Otherwise they were pretty boring. :)

Don and Becky were some of our biggest supporters when Ronnie lost his job in March. They would call and offer encouragement and ask how things were going. They would also make us laugh.

Don and Becky made being the wife of a worship team member who played 3 weekends out of the month very easy. I remember giving them a hard time for giving Ronnie two weekends off in a row. Don't do that to me. He drives me crazy when he doesn't get to play.

I just wanted to write a little about them. They are part of a big group of people that I miss in Rochester. I have a some that are true "favorites" and they fall in that group. Besides, one of Becky's daughters is going to be my daughter-in-law one day. I don't care how far apart we live. :)

(Was that good enough? Now you can send the money you said you would pay me to write something about you. I think that you have our new address in PDS.)

With lots of love to Don and Becky (they actually didn't tell me to write this part)

Ebby Ray

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, you're playing "favorites" now??!! We have to pay you to get a namedrop on the blog? I expected more from you Ebby!
jj

Anonymous said...

You were mentioned in there and I didn't make you pay. You and Brandon were both mentioned! And I only play favorites with a few people and you are one of those, too.