Monday, August 13, 2007

Good News!!! (By Ron)

Just a short note. So, I went out today with the mission of getting a job or jobs. Ultimately I hope to be a substitute teacher while I am in school. But there are some hoops to jump through that will not allow this to happen before the middle of September.

Anyway, I need something in the interim to pay the bills. So, I went to House of Blues here in Myrtle Beach and filled out an application. They gave me an interview right away and it went great. The lady and I talked for over an hour and I feel like shew wants to offer me a job. She has to give my application and info to the heads of the various departments in which I applied. I applied for stage hand, which would entail setting up and tearing down the varios musical acts that come through town.

She also asked if I would be interested in security. I said "Sure!" She asked if I had ever done any security. I said, "Well, no, but I have seen Road House with Patrick Swayze!" She almost fell out of her chair laughing. I am about 90% sure that I will be hearing back fom H.O.B.

This would also be an evening and weekend job that I could keep through school.

I also went to Ultimate California Pizza and asked if they had any driver positions open. It just so happens they do. I got hired on the spot. I have orientation on Wednesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Laura Rohrbaugh:

Thanks so much for forwarding your blog URL my way! I'd really wanted to say goodbye before you left, but somehow the time escaped all of us.... CCC won't be the same without you! But I'm happy for your family, and I pray that this next chapter is the best yet. Blessings always!

Anonymous said...

Ronnie, you are too funny! I know the Lord will put you in a great place.
Ebby, I totally understand about the car; we had my light blue VW until we were forced to give her away. That was when we were putting Katie on the floor of the front seat in her carrier! It was either there, or somebody else-usually John,crawled into the waaayback if we needed extra room. Stupid as well as dangerous. Oh well, now I have my van, and here I sit missing the days when all the kids were piled in.sigh...

TAV said...

Ronnie, you impress me. You are so hirable! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Those sound like cool jobs - HOB security! Better get ready to rumble! :)

The Ray Family said...

It will be fun!! I will get to be around music and musicians for a season. Also be a positive "force" for good; a light in the darkness.

RR