Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I Am Now A Solo Artist

Most of you know that I worked at our church, Christ Community Church, for two years before we moved to North Myrtle Beach a month ago. We had a large staff for our church of 1,500-2,000 attenders. I was part of a group. There was always someone who could answer my questions. One person I went to frequently was Karen F. She was one of the front office Administrative Assistants. See...."one of". There were three in the front office, one in the Kingdom Kids Pre-School office and then me in the Early Chidhood office. That is just the Admin. Assistants. That isn't counting all the Pastors or Ministry Directors. I think that there were 25 staff members plus how ever many teachers there were for Kingdom Kids.

I started my new job yesterday and became very overwhelmed. I found out that I will be going solo at this new job. I will be once again working for a church (I am so thankful for this!! It feels confortable working for a church.) as an Admin. Assistant. I thought that I would be one of two Assistants in the office. Noooooo, I will be the ONLY Admin. Assistant for this church. Part of my duties incude but are not limited to putting together the weekly bulletin which is approx 10 pages, the hymn guide, which is approx. 10 pages, and the monthly mailer, which is on average 20-22 pages. I will also be the keeper of the database, put together the schedule for the volunteers (greeters, ushers, etc.) for the second service, and any other admin. stuff. I will also do weekly reports, attendance, and so much more.

Please don't feel like I am complaing...I'm not. I am just overwhelmed since I am new, and don't know their system yet. The lady that I am replacing is VERY organized and is doing a good job training me. The members that I have met so far yesterday and today are extremely nice as are the two Pastors.

I am having a quiet night tonight to try and relax a little. Ronnie has taken the kids out for a little bit so I could just rest. Boy am I overwhlemed!

Ebby Ray

7 comments:

TAV said...

I know how that overwhelming feeling feels like, for sure! You will do great, Ebby!
And I hope (after reading the post below) that your kids had no pooping episodes at school :)
<3 tara

John Carlson said...

Ebby, we decided that we need you to answer phones at CCC on Thursday from 2:45-3:45. Are you available? John C.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I am mentioned by name in your blog. I am so honored. Things are getting pretty crazy back here in MN without you Ebby. The ABC people were here to clean toys last week and we now know that you were the ones taking home the towels to wash. Imagine piles of stinky, moldy towels everywhere!!! Have fun with your new job. You can only do what you can do. There's some wisdom for you. FREE!
You should see my legs..I had an encounter with wild parsnip in my garden a week ago. OH my goodness. I look like i have been in a nuclear disaster. OOzing and blisters and redness and swelling and crusty skin and itching. Rick can't even look at it, says it makes him want to throw up. He's such a big baby. I went to the doctor and he put me on steriods! Now I can leap small buildings in a single bound.
I miss you, hug, hug
kjf

Anonymous said...

Congrats on such an important job.Tip: make you sure use spell check on everything! Really happy for you since you thrive being a multi-tasker:)have a great day!

Anonymous said...

make you sure use?? just giving you an example:)

Anonymous said...

My Carlson...you big tease. Pay for the ticket and I will come out and answer the phones for your next meeting.

Have you found out that you are having twins yet? Elizabeth is a great name....Sara Elizabeth Carlson...has a ring to it.

I want to come out when these babies are born so plan a meeting around that time and I will grab the phones.

Missy Eagen said...

oh good grief!!!!

1. I have to google your name to find your new blog... ah-hem

2. I see Karen's smiling face all the time and never knew the horror that was happening on her poor legs.... oh Karen I will bring you chocolate.

3. Why was I never invited to Snappy Stop? (Oh-OK I don't like snappy stop anyway but love to whine!)

4. Twins... is there any truth to this John????

5. CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JOB!! They will love you as much as we do!