Monday, August 6, 2007

WE MADE IT!!!

I want to tag in to last nights post. I only had a short time, so I was trying to be brief.

I had so much fun at the WIlson's. In life we have some moments that are etched in our minds and hearts as amazingly meaningful and wonderful. This brief time with our family and friends on Sunday morning is now officially one of those moments. It was just so fun and awesome to laugh, talk, catch up and rekindle our relationships with everyone.

Now on to other topics. We MADE IT TO THE BEACH!!! We rolled into N. Myrtle Beach at around 4:00 this afternoon. After hugs and greeting from Beth, Walt and the doggies we got the tour of their house and caught up a little bit.

Then they took us over to our new townhouse. We hadn't seen any pictures or anything so I was just a little worried. I didn't know what to expect. Then we drive up to this CUTE townhouse complex. It definitely looks like a beach town complex. The outside is beautifully landscaped. The facade of the buildings looks kind of like a beachy southern plantation style thing. I will attach some pictures soon.

The inside is kind of a standard townhouse motif, but the kitchen is really nice with black appliances nice countertops and cabinets. It has three floors. Floor one is the living/dining/kitchen and a half bath. Out the back door is a rather large screened in porch. Floor two has two bedrooms and two baths. The third floor is one big room with a dormer and a large closet. It will be perfect for the boys anfd the drumset will go up there too. We will, of course, check with the neighbors about the drum thing.

After we checked out our new pad, the kids, Mike and I went to the beach. I have to say...I was nearly in tears. I just kept saying to myself, "I can't believe we live here." Also, "Hey kids, guess what? We live here!!" IT sounds silly but I cannot put into words how much it means to me to be living at the beach again. It is really good for my soul, and an answer to my prayers. Also seeing my kids enjoy the ocean was a wonderful treat and smile inducing. I made the mistake of taking the ocean for granted last time I lived near it. That will not be happening again.

Well enough for now. We will be unloading our stuff into our new place tomorrow. It should be... fun?

1 comment:

TAV said...

so glad you guys made it safely! blessings as you settle into your new home! love,tara