Sunday, August 12, 2007

HOT, HOT, HOT

It is so very hot here in North Myrtle Beach, SC. Thankfully it has rained the last two nights and broken the humidity. The day that we arrived (August 6th) the heat index was 105-110. Good grief Charlie Brown!

I am not sure if everyone knows...well if you know me at all you know that I do not like the heat. Summer and I don't get along very well at all. Even before we moved to Minnesota in 2003 I would say that I could have snow year round. Now that we are back to my home state of South Carolina I will say it even louder....I wish there was snow outside. When I do out side I automatically break into a sweat.

Ok enough complaining about the weather. There is absolutely nothing that I can do to change it so why complain about it.

We are still trying to unpack. Our new house it a bit smaller than our old house. I like the new place much better, but we are trying to figure out what we can do without and what we need. This is going to be good for all of us. We don't need half of the "stuff" that we have. Also, we don't "need" as much space as we think we do. Hey, we lived in a two bedroom apartment for a year. Can't get much smaller than that place.

We have had a good time over the past week being on vacation. We will be getting back into the real world starting tomorrow. Bedtimes, chores for us all, work (hopefully) and other things that happen in real life. Having a week of being taken out to eat, my mom fixing dinner for us (like she is tonight) and going to the beach or pool each day has been very nice, but vacation is over. Well, we still might go to the beach or the pool each afternoon, but everything else needs to get back to normal.

Normal? As normal as any of the Rays can ever be!

Ebby Ray

No comments: