Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Eat and Pack and Eat and Pack and...

I think I mentioned before that people have been inviting us out to eat like crazy. IT IS AWESOME!!! Not only do I get to eat with all of my favorite people but I get to eat pretty awesome food.

Check this out. Here is the rundown on all of the eating out I have done since last Thursday.
Thursday: dinner w/the Dieter's
Friday: Lunch with Dan Howe
Sunday: Lunch with the Rho's and Forde's
Monday: Lunch w/ Pastor Steve
Tuesday: Caribou Employee farewell party
Wednesday: Breakfast at the Eckert's...and lunch with Don Kundert

Ebby has been doing some eating out of her own too. Thew kids havwe been spending massive amounts of time with their good friends too. Lots of final sleepovers

When e are not eating we have been packing like crazy. It finally feels like we are making some headway. We are actually 90% packed up. We have moved all of the boxes and some of the furniture down to the garage. We will have many hands to help us pack the truck on Friday. I think it will only take a couple of hours. If it takes much longer...something is WRONG.

I haven't written about it yet but last Saturday I did worship and spoke at the Salt and Light group at CCC. It is the group for young single adults. Ebby has spoken to them too. I told them about the Cambodia trip and encouraged them to go. It is starting to feel more comfortable speaking in front of groups. To date I have spoken to elderly people, middle aged folk, young adults, teen aged folk and kids. It is always interesting trying to relate to the different people groups. I feel very comfortable talking to just about all of them. I seem to connect best w/ young adults. The worship time was AWESOME. Mike Forde played electric guit. Josh Hetrick played percussion and I play acoustic and sang. It turned out so great.

That is all I have time to write. I will update later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sending up lots of prayers for you all! I remember how glad we were when you decided to move up to Mn with John and Wendi;it made it easier for us, knowing good friends/second family:) would be with them. What a story that would make!! And now, a chance for you to be with part of your own family again-and start a whole new adventure. I'm really happy for you and hope to see you soon!!Have a great trip!