Thursday, August 16, 2007

On the Road Again...

Well I am officially a driver for Ultimate California Pizza. I start tomorrow at 5 pm. I will start learning the computers the first day, then I will start driving on Saturday evening. The manager said, "That's where the real money is!" Positive cashflow here we come. Well...slowly, but still positive.

I had the second interview at House of Blues last night. It went very well. I met with Nick and we had a nice talk. He is the Music HAll Manager. Which means he handles all of the staff and on-goings in the music hall. Everything from security, bartenders, hostesses, stagehands, etc. He seemed to like all of my answers and we had a good connection.

At the end he asked if I was from California. I said, "Yes! Why?" He said, "You remind me of one of my really good friends and he was from Southern California."

All that's left is the background and referrence checks. They will call me after that and let me know if I got the job.

It would sure be fun to hang out around music and musicians and get paid for it. The only draw back would be dealing with drunks. Nick said that that wasn't too bad at all. His word was "rare."

I also got some information about substitute teaching. I won't be able to start that until Oct. The state requires that subs take a workshop and the next one is not open until Oct.

MY next post will be the exciting story about the kids and my ocean adventure this past weekend. It is a DOOZIE. So stay tuned.

RR

No comments: