I have skipped some events over the past couple of weeks.
- Veronica had her sports banquet. She was going to receive the most improved player award, but the Athletic Director told the coaches that they had to change their award. Politics! Anyway, they let her read the speech they had written and it was very nice. Made her cry. Veronica hadn't ever played before and worked hard before the season started and was starting at second base. Go V-Ray!
- Hunter is off this weekend at a band competition. He was very excited and nervous about playing in front of judges. It is the whole band so it wasn't like it was just him, but he was still nervous. He had two little girls arguing over who was going to sit by him on the charter bus. Now they both knew that they wouldn't be able to sit by him, but they were arguing over what if they could sit by him and who would get to. Just like his father when he was in school.
- Cole has his awards day this coming Wednesday. He told me to bring the camera, which tells me that he might be getting an award. That or he wants me to take a picture of him and his teacher, who he has a BIG crush on. All I have heard this year is what he has done for Mrs. Ussery and Mrs. Ussery this and that. It has been really cute.
- Veronica has started practicing volleyball with the team here. They are letting her work out with them even though we will be moving. Once again she hasn't played before, but is doing really well. They have the girls split into two groups. JV (or this is their first year playing) and Varsity. Veronica has started practicing with the varsity already even though this is her first year. She has been practicing the front row middle position. She isn't the tallest girls on the team. More like the 3rd tallest. SHe is really enjoying it and hopes she can make the team up in Rochester.
- Veornica made the National Honor Society. Ronnie was in town for this and was able to go with her (he also was here for the sports banquet). She will be able to transfer her information up to Rochester when we move and still be a member up there.
- English is in Texas still. She isn't sure what is going to happen next in her Air Force career. She is enjoying some of her time down there. Some of her friends are over at San Angelo and were able to drive over last weekend and visit her. One good thing coming out of the Air Force is that she has amde some good friends. I couldn't imagine going through all of that without the support of friends. They know what you are going through because they themselves are living it.
- I don't think that I have taken the time to complain about packing. Be proud of me people...be proud that I haven't taken a whole blog to complain. :)