Sunday, September 2, 2007

Our Oldest Daughter

I think that everyone knows that we have two daughters and two sons. Our oldest daughter is in the Air Force and stationed in Monterey, California. Pretty tough place to be stationed isn't it. :) She is a linguist studying Korean. That is all I can tell you. Because of her security clearance in the Air Force if I told you any more (which I can't because I don't know) she would have to kill us both.

After Engish finished basic training in Texas and was in Monterey for a month or so she went to the doctor with some hip pain. They ended up doing an MRI and found that she had a stress fracture. She has pretty much been in constant pain ever since. She had to use crutches for quite a while...well let me rephrase that....she was SUPPOSED to use crutches for quite a while. She wouldn't use them some because of her underarms. It gets really sore there after using crutches.

Two weeks ago she went in for another MRI because the pain wasn't getting any better, and if was effecting her school work. This past Wednesday she went in for the results and the doctor told her that the stress fracture was healed. She then asked the doctor why she was still in so much pain and he blew her off and sent her on her way. She was very frustrated. She will also have to start physical training again this week even thought she is still in pain. She hasn't had P.T. since about October.

On a good note she passed the most difficult test of her schooling this past week. She was very excited. This was a make you or break you test. Stay in the program or get kicked out.

We are very excited that she will be coming here for Christmas this year. I miss her so much. One of the things that I miss the most was when she and her sister, Veronica, would get laughing at something stupid. I would hear them from another room and would start laughing myself. It was such a great sound. Another thing I miss is English's story telling. She sent me one the otherday about a girl and 3 racoons. It was hilarious.

I hope you all have a great week!

Ebby Ray

9 comments:

TAV said...

love the picture header!! ebby, you even let a picture of you sneak on there! you guys are adorable.
anyway, forget english going out there.. you should come visit english in monterey. maybe then, if i ever had a stinkin' day off, i could come meet up with you!
love from cali, tara

Anonymous said...

Tara: My hope is to go out when she graduates from language school, which should be in February. We would definately let you know when that would be and we will drive to you even if it is just to have lunch!
I hope that there comes a time when you have some more time off and can enjoy more of Cali.

We miss you!

Rachel and Hans said...

Ebby, that is really neat about what your daughter is doing. I wish I was fluent in another language. Maybe in my next life.

Also - how did you do that header with those pictures? I love it.

Missy Eagen said...

Like your new header and love that your picture is in there. I know how much you love having your picture taken ;)

Anonymous said...

Rachel: Ronnie magically assembled a bunch of pictures of us and did it under the page that you adjust the templates on.

It is funny that everyone knows that I don't like to have my pic taken. Didn't realize that I was that vocal about it. :)

Missy Eagen said...

well I thought diving under the table was a bit of a hint when I had a camera around you.... LOL

John Carlson said...

Ebby, how can you go to Monterey in February? We need you to babysit in Rochester. BTW, I need you to answer phones again next week while I go to BWW. JC

Anonymous said...

Mr. Carlson:

I actually want to go to Monterey and then on the way home stop by Rochester. I have to see your baby.

Where is my plane ticket?

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is an amazing young woman, I feel so blessed to have her as a friend and I can't wait to see her in less than two weeks!!! Actually, your entire family is amazing. I'm sad that you no longer live only a half hour from my parents' home but I hope that you'll be much warmer this winter! I miss you all!! :)