Wednesday, September 19, 2007

A Little Ebby Story

My husband isn't going to like that I am writting this story, but I just HAVE to.

Now I have written a couple of times that Ronnie and I have very different schedules. I wake up at 6:00 am, leave to take Cole to school at 7:25 am, get to work at 8:00 am, get off of work at 5:00 pm and get back home at 5:15 pm. Ronnie on the other hand goes to work at 4:30 or 5:00 pm most days. When I leave in the mornings he is still in bed asleep, and when he gets home after midnight I am asleep. Two ships passing while asleep. (Don't worry I know that didn't make any sense.) So there is our schedule for you. This is exactly why we try to have to have lunch together a couple of times a week.

So here is the story...

This past weekend as most of you know, Ronnie went to Minnesota to play a little music at our church there. He left on Friday morning and returned on Sunday evening. Friday afternoon I received a phone call asking for prayer for an extended family member. Something big was happening and I felt it necessary to get in touch with Ronnie. I called his cell phone asking him to call me back. This he did when he arrived in Charlotte and I relayed what was going on. I told him that I would call him later on that night to let him know what else I found out so he would be in the know. From when I talked to him in Charlotte until I tried to call him back on Saturday morning his cell phone battery went dead. Therefore, I tried to call the home where he was staying. I phoned the Howe's residence and asked for Ronnie. Dan talked to me for a while starting with the story at the very beginning and at the end I finally realized that Ronnie was NOT staying at their house. WHAT?? Where in the world is he staying then? He is at the Kundert's. Well when did this happen?? Sometime during the week. Ronnie didn't tell me that he was staying somewhere different.

Well....I never!!

That's right...I never "talked" to my husband before he left. I just shipped him off and said goodbye.

I guess the moral of this story is that when we are eating lunch together we should talk about some important things and not just gab about nothingness. I did finally find him and was able to talk to him for a little bit. Also, just to let you know I wasn't upset by all of this. I knew that he was having a good time and that he was being well taken care of.

I hope you all have a good day tomorrow.

Ebby Ray

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ebby--
What makes the story even funnier is that the plan was always for Ron to stay at the Kunderts place that weekend. If you would have just called me, I would have told you that!! It was some sick, twisted game of telephone (the game, not the real thing) that got you to believe he was staying at the Howes in Sept. He is at their place in November, and ours in Oct. The moral of THIS story is...ALWAYS ASK BECKY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh I have only been gone a few weeks and already I had forgotten that. What's the matter with me? Daft, I tell you, daft!