Saturday, September 15, 2007

Back in MN

Well, faster than I thought, the weekend to come back to Minnesota has arrived. I have arrived...back in Minnesota. The trip was smooth and quiet. No major events occurred. I got to Becky's at about 7:30. They had dinner ready for me and it was freakin' delicious. Lasagna...garlic bread...salad...chocolate chip pumpkin cake...oh my! We played mexican train dominoes for a while and then went back to Don and Angie's and crashed.

This morning Don and I went to Perkin's for breakfast. I love Perkin's. I LOVE BREAKFAST!! I could eat breakfast food three meals a day for the rest of my life. This includes cereal.

Don and Pete Rietveld asked me if it felt wierd to be back or if it was like we never left. It is kind of a strange mixture of both. Things looked familiar, not foriegn. Things feel the same. But I have to leave tomorrow. So it is a strange mixture of like-we-never-left, and I-live-somewhere-else.

I am incredibly excited about getting to play drums for God, for the choir, and for the congregation. It is sure to be a blast. The songs we are doing are amazing and so are the singers and musicians.

I am also pretty pumped about seeing friends and "chosen family members." Catching up will be nice. Even though we have only been gone for six weeks.

I will be video taping the choir and messages from friends to take back to EB so she can sort of enjoy this weekend too.

I guess that is all for today. Have an awesome weekend.

8 comments:

Sarah Carlson said...

We're so glad you were here with us again! Next time bring Ebby, too. ;)

Missy Eagen said...

Ron, don't forget to give Ebby my hug!! Great to see you, you guys were wonderful. :)

TAV said...

Aww, Roch! It must be neat to go back for a visit. I miss it... almost. :)

EB Ray said...

Sara..yell that next time so that he is sure to hear you. I want to come out in October!

Missy..Hugs back to you my friend. I know it isn't the same as in person, but know that I am hugging you!

Tara..I do miss Rochester. Especially right now with Fall kicking in. One of my favorite seasons and we don't get much of it here. Mostly evergreens and not many trees that change color in the fall.

It was 50 degrees out this morning so it was crisp...this past weekend was perfect. Crisp in the morning and then around 80 degrees during the day!!!!!

Now that's the kind of weather I can live with!!! Keep me out of the 90's and I am a happy woman.

Anonymous said...

oops...that was Ebby up above. I don't know why it put Elizabeth.

And don't anyone start calling me that either!!!!

Anonymous said...

We had a blast hanging out like normal Saturday with you. I don't think I've laughed until I've cried for a long time. (See, I do cry!!) We missed you though Ebby, wasn't quite the same with only one Ray. Can't wait to see you again next trip!
jennifer

Anonymous said...

Don't cry/laugh without me!!!!

Also, don't bring the "girls" out until I am there.

The Ray Family said...

That was fun, huh!? Don't worry. Those times are far from over. There is plenty more where that came from.

Cry with ya later.

RR