Saturday, September 22, 2007

Quick Post...

Time for a quick post before I hit the sack.

The kids and I just got back from picking my mom--Jan-- up from the airport. It was a fun drive. We enjoyed several episodes of Adventures in Odyssey. That radio program is pretty amazing. Anyway, we all stopped on the way back in a small coastal town called Calabash for dinner. We ate at The Boat House. It was a neat place and the food was awesome. Our server Andrew was spot on. Calabash is well known for preparing seafood a certain way. I'm not sure what that way is but I do know that it is DELICIOUS.

It is so good to have my mom in town. THis is sure to be a fun week. 15 months is way to long to go without seeing your mommy. We have several tenative things we want to do while she is here. No major set schedule though.

We got back and Jan got settled in and we are all bedding down for the night. "Good night Maryellen...Good night John-boy!"

Other exciting news: I am no longer a "trainee" at HOB. I am officially part of the security staff. I aced the test last night at the show and they announced it over the in-house radio system so all of the other staff members could hear it. They are all out of yellow shirts ((((BOOOO!!)))) So I will have to wait for a couple of weeks until they come in.

Ebby had to work tonight at one of the SOS events. Sadly she did not get to join in the festivities. We missed her. Thankfully we will all get to do stuff together this week.

I'll post some pictures of Jan's visit as soon as I get them.

Okay, my thoughts are no longer contiguous or coherent. So I am going to go for now.

BIRTHDAY COUNTDOWN: 4 DAYS, 20 MINUTES. Shop 'til you drop people!

2 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

Adventures in Odyssey?! We used to listen to those on tape all the time in the car growing up. You just brought back some great memories! I need to find those tapes - I'm sure they are somewhere around our house.

The Ray Family said...

The kids love them. Forget the kids, I love them too!