Monday, September 3, 2007

Out of the Closet...As a Metro

It has been a while since I have written. I am officially a busy man. SO here goes.

Apparently, the consensus is that I am "metro". You know what, I am okay with it. I like who Ron Ray is--including all his metro-ness. Pink shirts, chick flicks, color matching, fashion savvy, domestic duties...it is what it is. I can't change it. I don't want to. I like it. I AM METRO! HEAR ME ROAR!! Enough about that.


I have worked two shows at the House of Blues so far. It is fun, hectic, crazy, and cool all at the same time. The first night I checked ID's and gave people the appropriate wrist band if they were over 21 or not. The other "Door Hosts," a.k.a. security, said it was one of the craziest shows in a long time. It was a group called Slightly Stoopid. Also G-Love w/ Special Sauce opened for them. It was a college aged crowd and they were pretty wild. Later in the night I got to "wand" people. I used one of those metal detector wands (like at the airports) to search for any contraband. It was fun and interesting.

Last nights show was Bucky Covington from American Idol. THe show was okay. It was redneck heavy, but mostly calm. He played some of his own songs, but mostly did cover tunes. The crowd still had a great time. Bucky's twin brother plays drums for him in his band. I thought that was interesting. Bucky also seems a lot more seasoned and comfortable on stage now than he did on A.I. The opening act was a full on Tim McGraw rip off band. The lead singer even wore an outfit that was incredibly similar to what I have seen Tim Mcgraw wear--including the shiny black cowboy hat. It was LAME-O!

My next show is Mandy Moore...yay. We'll see how that goes. Those teenage girls can really get out of control.

Yesterday was a pretty long day. I had to switch shifts wit a guy so I could do HOB last night. So, I got to the pizza place at 11 a.m. worked until 5:20 then went straight t HOB and didn't get home until 1:30 a.m. I didn't start to feel it until after the show. I was pooped when I got home. Thank God I don't have to do that on a regular basis.

I have ALL DAY OFF tomorrow. I am excited.

Hope you had a good Labor Day weekend. Summer is almost gone. That is sad.

6 comments:

TAV said...

summer is NOT almost gone if you'd move to california.... :)
your job sounds so cool, ronnie! and what does that say if i like mandy moore? :)

The Ray Family said...

Mandy Moore is OK. Her music is just not my flavor. Maybe your out of control inner teenager is trying to tell you something. Maybe she'll be in your area soon and you can go let your innere teenager out for a while. :)

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ron, sounds like you are okay with yourself. If you are, we are!

:)

The Ray Family said...

Yes...yes I am.

Alison said...

Yes, you're kind of metro, but that's cool :) You just know your style. Your HOB job sounds awesome. Security, huh? Sounds like a bouncer to me! I told some of the Bou Crew about that, they thought it sounded awesome and right up your alley too. Any other famous musicians come yet? I might get a blog soon, will let you know if I do... Later!