Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Now it's Ebby's turn!

I realized a few years ago something that truly set me free. I learned that not everyone CAN like me. Just the same for me...I CAN'T like everyone. Too many personalities! Everyone is just so different that there is no way that everyone CAN like me. I haven't worried about someone liking me in about 4 years. Now I am still hung up on someone being mad at me. I would much rather someone just come right out and let me know if they are mad at me than walking around on egg shells trying to guess just what in the world I have done to this person. I may not like what I hear, but at least it gives me the opportunity to say I am sorry or to explain my actions.

Next! Why on earth would the media tell women to tweeze their eyebrows all their life, and then let a woman know that at my age (YES I AM 40 AND PROUD OF IT....Wendi) you shouldn't tweeze your eyebrows anymore? Thin eyebrows make you look older, more harsh and angry.

Also, I should be covering my grey with hair color, BUT I should use a lighter color because dark hair color (like my natural color...right now I have some high lights) makes you look older and harsher. Isn't grey a lighter color? Shouldn't I just go ahead and let my grey come on through? OH NO! Grey hair is old, too.

Here is another one. At my age (once again I am 40) I shouldn't let my hair grow past my shoulders....like it is now. Below shoulder length hair is not for women in their 40's. When I reach my 50's I should then cut my hair again and keep it above chin level.

Here is what I am going to do. I am going to tweeze my eyebrows pencil thin. Then I am going to go back to my natural hair color which is very dark brown. While coloring my hair back to it's natural color I am going to NOT color the grey hairs. Then I am going to continue letting my hair grow down to my butt. After I accomplish all of that I am going to see if people like me for it anymore and if they will actually tell me how wrong I am in the world of eyebrows and hair color and length.

That is what I am going to do!

5 comments:

TAV said...

none of those things are wrong, ebby! do what you want! and don't forget that you are smokin' anyway! :)

Rachel and Hans said...

i HATE tweezing eyebrows! but it's too expensive to go and get them waxed all the time. but i don't want them to be bushy. guys are lucky they don't have to worry about stuff like this.

Anonymous said...

Amen Sister!!

Anonymous said...

Well... I am here to tell you that the hair is not the same color it was even earlier today. No, it's not green like Englishe's was, nor purple but a "little" on the blue side. That's what old ladies do to their hair.

Anonymous said...

I agree with many points. But in some areas, I feel we need to be more aggressive. Just my opinion. Love ya. Wedding Dress Shops, WII Accessories Louboutin Shoes pumps christian louboutin. Chiffon Wedding Dresses