Monday, October 29, 2007

Fall is Almost Here!

Fall is in the air and the temps are going down. It will be in the 70's here during the day and 50's at night. We still wear shorts, t-shirts and flip-flops, but the people of the beach are starting to wear jeans and light jackets. It is actually quite funny.

Yesterday my mom and I went to the mall. When I came out of the house my hair was still wet. My mom told me that I was going to get pneumonia. I said, "what?", and she repeated herself and added that it was cold outside. I had to giggle. She had on a little jacket and jeans and regular shoes. I had on jeans, a short sleeved shirt and flip-flops. I guess after living in Minnesota for 4 years this weather doesn't feel so cold as it does to others.

When we did live in Minnesota, Veronica would take a shower in the morning and go catch the bus with wet hair...when it was around zero outside. I would get on her about this, but when I told her my story about my mom yesterday she reminded me that she would get little ice crystals in her hair on the way to school.

One other thing that use to happen when it was below zero would be Cole screaming, "Aaaaaaaaaaaa, my nose hairs have frozen!" That would crack me up. The one thing that bothered me would be when I had my neck gator on and up around my nose, and my eyelashes would get ice crystals on them.

It is getting cooler, but at least last weekend we were still able to get in the ocean, and the kids are still running around in shorts and playing outside. I think that we will be wearing sweatshirts Christmas Day.

Have a great day!
Ebby Ray

4 comments:

TAV said...

I am so glad I don't have to deal with nose hairs freezing anymore :)

Anonymous said...

I told you it was to cool to be out with a wet head. Now you have a sore throat, stuffy head and don't feel good. When will you admit that "mothers" know best....

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Did you know that cold weather isn't what gives you a "cold". It's a misonception. Tell your mom that!

Anonymous said...

I do realize that the temp has nothing to do with a cold. Otherwise you would never have a "summer cold". Just need to needle Ebby a little.