Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Anatomy of a Perfect Day.

Here is my idea of a day that is as close to perfect as you can get. Some people may have a different idea of a perfect day, but here is mine.

  • No work.
  • Sleeping in.
  • Near perfect weather. You know, 78 deg., sunny, dry, and no clouds.
  • Two cups of coffee.
  • Good church service with good worship.
  • Picking up something for lunch at the grocery store.
  • Dropping the kids off at Grandma's house.
  • Driving to The Point at Cherry Grove Beach with my awesome wife.
  • Enjoying the company of said wife without interruption for an entire afternoon and a picnic lunch.
  • Activities would include: talking, laughing, game of cribbage, walking hand and hand along the beach, wading in the Atlantic Ocean, etc.
  • Picking up the kids and hanging out with them for a while.
  • Eating dinner at the dining room table with said kids.
  • Talking to good friends on the phone.
  • Relaxing the rest of the evening until it is time to go to bed.

Crazy thing is...that is the day I had today. Perfect days like this do not come along very often. I was totally soaking up and savoring the whole thing. I am thankful for it. It was awesome.

4 comments:

Deanna said...

I like your perfect day! Two posts before that one you were a big winey baby!

Oh well, that's what blogs are for, right?

Love you and I want to talk to you soon about very grown up things.
xoxo
Deanna

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a perfect day! :) I was just thinking today about what my perfect day would be like...how I'd like to spend a day if I had a free one. :) Maybe I'll formulate some thoughts and do a perfect day post too! :)

TAV said...

i want a perfect day :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't even plan it! It just snuck up on me and I grabbed it.

And yes I did whine a little. I am entitled every so often. I will keep it to a minimum though.