Sunday, October 21, 2007

Another Fun Weekend

This has been another good weekend for us. Hunter and Veronica were both invited over to friends houses to stay over Friday night. Cole and I went over to my moms house to eat and hang out. My mom did my hair and no it is not blue. It actually turned out really nice.

On Saturday Ronnie and Cole went to the local Aquarium for the afternoon. They also went grocery shopping for me. I hung around the house doing some chores. Hunter was again invited over to another friend's house for the night last night. The rest of us just hung around the house for the evening.

Today Ronnie's Uncle Frank and Aunt Rhonda come into town. They live in the Seattle, Washington area. They are in South Carolina because their daughter graduated from Army basic training. They then drove her to her tech school up in Virginia and are stopping by here for a couple of days. I am so excited that they decided to make Myrtle Beach part of their trip. We don't get to see them very often...maybe once every two or three years...if that often. It will be good to see them.

We are so proud of Jenna. Ronnie and I love the military. As a matter of fact he tried to go back in two years ago. I was very sad that they rejected him (due to having only one kidney). I think everyone knows that our daughter, English, is in the Air Force and we are very proud of her as well. She is at the Defense Language Institute studying Korean.

Now please don't leave comments about the war, President Bush, or any other anti-military statement. I am not saying that I agree/disagree with our government or what is going on in the world. The reason that I love the military is the opportunity it gives young people that may or may not know what they want to do when they grow up. It offers them free training and skills that they might not have ever been able to afford or have gotten. The benefits are amazing. If you do it right you can come out of the military and be offered numerous jobs. Ronnie has gotten two jobs that I know of just because he was in the Army. I just offers great opportunities to people.

Well, I must go get ready for family to come into town. This is going to be fun!

Ebby Ray

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I think that you should say whatever you want about the military...it's YOUR blog! I support the president and the troops and althought the media doesn't show it...there is sooo much good that is going on there. War is ugly and brutal and my family knows the pain of losing a loved one to war. None the less, those that are in the military have signed up to be put in harms way and are proud to serve their country and president.

The Ray Family said...

Amen Sister!! Well said.