Monday, October 22, 2007

Cole and I Found Nemo!!

As Ebby mentioned in a previous blog, Cole and I went to Ripley's Aquarium. It was a really fun day. We also went inside the Hard Rock Cafe just to look around, but ended up having a couple of milk shakes.


Don't judge me for this, okay? But I told Cole not to tell mom about the shakes, that I would tell her later. I did this because she sent me with the grocery money and we bought the shakes with some of the grocery money. I didn't want her to think I was being irresponsible with our money. But...sometimes, you just gotta buy your son a shake and make the most of our awesome day together.


So, we go grocery shopping and come home. Ebby and Veronica came out to help us bring in the groceries and before we even get to the front door Cole blurts out, "We had shakes at Hard Rock and we spent twelve dollars of the grocery money!!" All I could do at that point was laugh and come clean to Ebby.


THis is the story of my life. The Lord sure doesn't let me get far before he pulls my covers. I'm actually glad of this fact.

Here are the pictures of our day. I forgot our camera, but my cell phone did a pretty good job. I was surprised.




See?! We did find Nemo.

Jelly fish with flourescent black light behind tank



Cole and two puffer fish. This is an actual photo. It was not staged or altered.


Cool looking sawfish



"Dude!...Totally!"


"Fish are friends, NOT FOOD!!" Awesome picture, huh!?


The "Dad Dates" have been one of the many joys of having kids. These are some of the times that I will remember long after the kids have left the house.

3 comments:

TAV said...

awesome fishie pics!

Rachel and Hans said...

i love the aquarium pics! sounds like a fun "dad date". wish someone would take me on a "hans date" to the aquarium. :-)

Anonymous said...

You give me $12 dollars and I will make you 4 malts and walk away with about 7 bucks....
BR