Sunday, October 7, 2007

A little of this and that

I don't have any one thing to write about. Just a little bit of nothing much.

Ronnie is off to Rochester, MN this weekend. Not only does he get to go and play drums, which is his most favorite thing to do, but he is also spoiled by those he is staying with. They go out to eat, eat some more, play a little music, eat some more...are you seeing a pattern here? This weekend he stayedwith the Rietvelds and the Carlsons...two awsome families. I make reference here to the Carlson's having two babies on the way. Let me set the record straight. They say that they are only having one, but I think that it is twins or triplets. I also think that they should name this child after me. The Rietvelds on the other hand have my two future daughter-in-laws in their home.

Now on to Veronica. She told me on Friday that she is now 5'10" now. Ugh. How can she be that much taller than me? She is still enjoying working out with the volleyball team. She is planning a trip to Rochester during Christmas break. Veronica got her mid-term report and had all A's.

Hunter is doing well. He got a wonderful mid-term report from school...all A's. He is also still working his way up in band. He has to challenge those ahead of him in percussion. He has won three and one just let him have his place. He is still playing with the Jazz band. Hunter was also asked to move up to a Honors English class, which he did.

Cole is doing well in school. He got good remarks from his teachers at mid-term. He is still hoping for a good friend that he can spend the night with. :)

English is doing great. She just got a promotion to a "yellow rope", which makes her somekind of leader. I can't keep it all straight. She was excited so I know it was good. She will also get promoted to an E-3 this month. This will be a pay raise and another bar on her arm. I can't wait for her to come home for Christmas.

I think that leaves me. Nothing new here with me. I think that I am going to take the kids to the Shrimp and Jazz Festival today. Although I may convince myself to just lay here and do nothing just like I did yesterday. Won't take much convincing really. My mom and I painted my office at work last weekend. I think that we are going to finish the trim this week some time.

Well just some tid-bits of our life. Hope you all have a great day.

5 comments:

TAV said...

wow. your kids rock! they are geniuses -- and i CAN'T believe veronica is that tall!

Rachel and Hans said...

Smart kids!! tell them to go to Gustavus! :-)

Deanna said...

Tell the kids "Great Job" from Aunt Deanna!!!

Anonymous said...

Gustavus...that is a thought. They better get cracking for the scholarships.

yuan family said...

Sounds like all of you are doing great! It was fun to see Ron this past weekend. Thanks for also mentioning that the Carlons are pregnant...I wasn't sure!