Sunday, October 14, 2007

Fall is finally here!

I think that fall is finally here. The air conditioning is off, the windows are open, and it is nice and crisp in the mornings. Crisp enough for a light jacket. Then the days are beautiful. Just the right temp. Now I could live without snow if everyday had temps and sunshine like yesterday. PERFECT!

There actually hasn't been much going on here at the Ray house. Yesterday I finished painting the second office where I work. Looks so much better with a fresh coat of paint. I did it by myself this time, which wasn't nearly as much fun as when I painted with my mom, but it also took me about five hours. There was so much cutting in. I think that it was worth all the soreness I feel this morning. My kneees are making some crazy noises now. Lots of crackling and other sounds.

After painting Ronnie, Hunter, Cole and I went to the point to take a walk on the beach. Last time it was just Ronnie and I. The boys really seemed to enjoy it up there. They had fun looking at all the hermit crabs. We saw a sand bar that went way out and around a big "pool" so we decided to see if we could make it around by taking the sand bar route. Most of the time the water was at our ankels, but once it got up to our calves (Cole's knees). Probably doesn't sound fun, but it was an adventure for the boys.

The other thing we saw were tons of fishing boats coming in to weigh their catches for the King Maceral fishing contest. They were going so fast up the coast to the jetties and then down the Intracoastal Waterway to the weighin station.

After that we came home, I collapsed, Ronnie went to work at the House of Blues, I made Salmon for dinner and then hit the sack. This morning we are going to church and then packing a picnic lunch. We are going to go eat on the beach up in Ocean Isle Beach in North Carolina, which is only about 20 minutes away. Hopefully it will be a nice relaxing day.

I hope you have a wonderful day, too!
Ebby Ray

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you trying to make us jealous? Because you are! Here in MN we are wading in puddles to our ankles because of the rain!! I mean, what is more of an adventure? The ocean or stomping in muddy puddles?!?
BR

Anonymous said...

Probably mud puddle stomping if you were there.