Friday, October 24, 2008

My eye and hot chocolate

I stopped by the store the other afternoon and got two different kinds of hot chocolate (one with and one without marshmellows). I also picked up some whipped cream. When I got home I quickly heated up some milk and made big glasses of hot chocolate for our family. Ronnie happened to be outside bagging leaves for our neighbor. I took him over a cup of hot chocolate. It was a little chilly out so he drank it quickly. The boys also drank theirs pretty quickly, but I savored mine for a little while. It was so good.

I have made hot chocolate for us a couple of times this week. It has been met with great enthusiasm from Cole. It is quite chilly outside so a nice cup of a warm drink is really nice. Especially since we keep the heat off most of the day, and keep it turned down to 63 degrees. (Please don't ask Veronica if our house is cold. You will get more than you bargained for.)

Now on to my eye. I have gotten back all of my test results. ALL of them were negative. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch! No Lupus and nothing on the CT. The doctor still wants me to take an aspirin a day since he thinks that I did have a little mini-stroke.

I am having trouble today with my right eye. Everything is very blurry and I am finding it hard to focus. I think that I just need to see the eye doctor. My eye site is most likely getting bad and that is all. It is a little scary that it is getting this bad this quick, but I guess that's what happens when you pass 40. I use to have 20/20 vision, but I don't think that is right any more.

So there is my update on all of my tests. For those of you that thought I should go to the doctor, please send money. My doctor bill is going to be huge and I will need help paying it. I thought it was funny and some of you thought I should seen a doctor. I was right....it was just funny. You were wrong....send money.

The forcast is calling for snow this weekend. I look forward to Sunday afternoon...a book, a blanket, cup of hot chocolate, and cold weather outside. Perfect!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard that Minnesota will freeze over this year from global warming. When spring rolls around for you guys in September, maybe we will come visit. Please enjoy the winter, and please buy the boys a snow blower.
Regards,
me

The McCutcheons said...

We raked leaves today as a family. (Well, I didn't. I just took pictures!) Hannah was upset because I didn't have any hot chocolate. So, she'll be over in a little bit to get some from you!

Kristi said...

Your eye stuff sounds really awful and scary. I'm sorry. :( It's weird--Isaak was saying today that his right eye is blurry and that he's having trouble seeing out of it--peripheral vision not there. I hate this kind of stuff.