Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I Filled Up Today!

My gas light came on this morning letting me know that it was time to fill up for the next two weeks. I hate spending $55.00 each time I need to fill up. Even though it will last me two weeks (as long as I stay in town) it is still way to much to spend.

To my surprise the gas prices had gone down. I was very happy to see that the price had dipped below $3.00. I even took a picture as proof.

When we were moving from Kentucky to Minnesota 5 years ago someone told me that our gas prices would always be so much higher than the prices in Kentucky. I have to say that we have always been below the national average, and now we seem to be WAY below. Something else we were told was that our cars would freeze and not start. That is something else that hasn't happened. We asked around and found out that you need to keep at least 1/2 a tank of gas in your car at all times so that the gas doesn't freeze.

Well that is all for now. I have lots of pictures to share about 1) Hunter playing with the worship team 2) the retreat Hunter went on 3) Ronnie's birthday day and a couple of other things. I will try to get that done this week.




4 comments:

yuan family said...

I was thinking of doing the same thing... a picture of the "low" gas prices! How were your $1 Culvers's burgers? I saw Hunter as I was on my way out and vaguely saw you in the distance!

Anonymous said...

It was good. I didn't know you were there until you were way out the door. I didn't even see you. That place was packed and the line for the drive through was out in the WalMart road. Crazy!

Jen Elder said...

I know, I'm loving the new gas prices! Funny how if we saw that picture a year ago, we'd be thinking that you took it showing how HIGH the gas prices were.

Actually gas doesn't freeze. Well it does but not until it gets to about 150 degrees below 0...which will never happen in MN. It's oil that CAN be a problem...harder to start if you don't have the right oil (and only if it gets really cold). I think the more synthetic oil is best for winter but you may want to check with an expert on that one. For the last 5 years we've never had a problem starting our cars and we don't even have a garage...plus it's pretty windy where we live.

Ahhh yes, can't wait for those freakishly cold days :)

TAV said...

be glad you don't live in california!!! :)
(except it never gets cold enough for gas, oil, whatever to freeze.. :)