Saturday, November 3, 2007

Why did I get a present?

I woke up this morning and went down stairs to make me some cereal. I walk around the corner from the stairs to the kitchen and there were some roses in a vase on the kitchen counter. I walk closer to see what was going on and there was a card on top of a new book. The card had Ebby on the front of it, therefore I opened it.

At this point I was really wondering why Ronnie got me a gift. Was I so grumpy yesterday and he thought I needed a pick-me-up? Had he done something wrong that I wasn't aware of? What in the heck was I missing here?

I open this beautiful card and started reading it. OH MY GOSH!!!! Yesterday (friday) was our wedding anniversary!! I completely forgot! Ronnie forgot, too, until 11:00 last night. He was at House of Blues and realized that he hadn't said anything to me about our anniversary. He thought that I just hadn't said anything to him waiting to see if he said anything. Not even close. I totally forgot.

Thankfully I don't get upset about things like this. My birthday, mother's day, Valentine's Day, Christmas...I don't really care it he or the kids get me anything. A few years ago Ronnie forgot that it was my birthday. We had celebrated a few days early so when the actual day rolled around he didn't realize it was my birthday. No big deal! Like I said thankfully things like that don't bother me.

Well Happy 16th Wedding Anniversary to us......a day late!

Ebby Ray

3 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

happy anniversary!!

TAV said...

yes, happy, happy anniversary! (i forgot, too :)).

Missy Eagen said...

happy anniversary! :) (you seriously forget??? WOW)