Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Lastest Beaking Ray News

Overall things are cruising along nicely. Here's the summary:
Ron's New Job

I am now the warehouse manager for an interior design firm. I do deliveries, keep the showroom nice, help the designers when they install all of the furniture and fixtures. There are five ladies that run the show and I basically just run errands and keep the warehouse stuff in orde. It is actually pretty fun. The ladies are all nice...so far. They keep telling me that I am their "Anthony" from the 80's TV show, Designing Women. YEAY!

Other Big News for the Rays

After much thought and prayer about what the future holds for the Ray family, we have decided that we are moving BACK to Rochester, Minnesota. As many of you know, we left a really good situation in MN. Several people in our lives even said, "It doesn't feel like you guys are done with your work here." They were right.

The past couple of times I went back to MN to play drums we have been discussing and negotiating the possibility of coming back and working on staff at CCC. In October they officially offered me the position and I officially accepted the position. THe full-time position will be split between two ministries the worship ministry, and the Salt and Light ministry. For the worship ministry I will be doing music on the weekends, of course, helping set up the weekly worship services, connecting and communicating with other worship team members, and other logistical things. People do not realize how much prep work goes into weekend worship services. Let alone a growing thriving ministry with over 100 volunteer participants.

For the Salt & Light ministry I will help lead the worship and do some speaking. I have already been thinking of some things to talk about.

We are incredibly excited about this. We were a little concerned about moving back after only a year. But it still does not feel like it was a wasted trip. What a joy and a pleasure to spend time with family on a regular basis. We have dinners almost weekly with EB's parents. We see them a lot more than that each week. We help them with things they help us with things.

With the holidays coming up, I am so excited about spending them with family. Not only with EB's parents, but my sister and her family are coming for Thanksgiving, my cousin Jenna too. English is coming home for Christmas. And the beach...I mean come on!! There are so many reasons to love the beach: family time, free therapy, cheap dates with Ebby, sun, salt water.

Well that's about all I have for now. Keep this whole thing in your prayers. We just want things to go smoothly.

Lots o' love!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're moving back to Rochester?! YAY!!! :) Mexican Trains! :)

TAV said...

And I thought I moved a lot!

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mexican Trains!!

Rachel and Hans said...

I second what Lesley wrote!!

That's great!!

Anonymous said...

Rachel...Settlers for us!

Rachel and Hans said...

for sure! i would like to have a conversation with you sometime about your church, too...

Alison said...

You're moving back to Rochester? Hey, that's awesome. Sounds like a perfect position created just for you. I know how much work goes into all the "behind the scenes" church stuff. One of my good friends is a church administrator/education director and she is SO busy! Have an awesome time in Rochester- you sound busy so I probably won't see you. Another time!