Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Walter-wee-winski

I am not like Ronnie and some of his reasons for moving to North Myrtle Beach, SC. I didn't move here for the beach, or days like today, which is 70 degrees and sunny. I didn't move here for the salt air or to still be wearing sandals in November. I didn't move here to still be able to get a tan in November, either...even though I could.

Here is where Ronnie and I agree on why we moved here. My parents! Cole and Hunter call my step-dad Walter...Veronica, English and I call him Walt-wee...Ronnie calls him Walter-wee-winski. We moved here to be of some help to my mom with my step-dad and be of good company to them both. I hope we have been of good company so far, but now we get to help.

My dad was admitted to the hospital yesterday with congestive heart failure. After some tests they found that his kindeys have shut down, his potassium level was 6.2 (8 is lethal...I think), and his blood sugar level was 480 (150 or below is normal). He is in pretty bad shape. He will be in the hospital for at least a few days. Ronnie is my hero in that he was able to give away a kidney a few years ago to a friend of ours. The doctor talked to my mom last night and they talked about a possible kidney transplant. Of course I have a perfectly good kidney that Walt-wee can have. No question about it!! I would be sad if I wasn't able to give him mine.

Now I can't help or do anything while he is in the hospital, but I can help my mom with her household things. I stayed with the dogs last night and then fell asleep while my mom was talking to me. At least I was there in case she needed to go to the hospital in the middle of the night. I will be staying there again tonight. Ronnie will be in Rochester, MN this weekend so if Walt is still in the hospital at that time we may stay at her house for a night or two...if she wants the company.

This is exactly why I moved here. I was able to go to the hosptial on my lunch break yesterday. Ronnie was able to go to the hospital yesterday. We couldn't have done that from Rocehster. Although we will only be here for a year I am so glad that we are here right now!! This is the perfect time for our family to be here! Absolutely perfect time!!!!

Have a good day!
Ebby Ray

2 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

Oh, sorry to hear about your dad, Ebby. We'll be praying for him. That is really nice that you are so close for times like this. I'm sure your mom really appreciates it.

TAV said...

best wishes for a speedy recovery. i want to be a kidney donor, too!