Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Aching Arms

My arms are aching. They ache to wrap themselves around my oldest daughter, English. I have not seen her in a year. Although I get to hug my other three children daily my arms still ache.

My arms will be very happy tonight. They will be very fulfilled. I will see my daughter around 11:00 pm this evening. I fly into Sacramento tonight and get to spend 3 whole days with her. How absolutely glorious is that? Very very glorious!!

I have gone to visit English at two of the other bases where she has been stationed...San Antonio and Monterey, Ca. Those two times I stayed at a hotel since she was living in the baracks. This time I will be staying at English's apartment. That is going to be so strange. I am going to her house. Surely she can't be old enough to have her own place. Oh that's right...sheis 21 now. Boy does time fly.

It seems like just the other day she and Veronica were walking about the house singing all the songs from "Beauty and the Beast" and "Little Mermaid", telling us that she wanted limma-lims (m&m's) , and walking around on her tip toes like a balarina. She was so girly! There was always a book under her nose, and I don't think that has really changed.

I am so excited to finally be able to see her. I have really missed my little girl.

4 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Hug her for me too. I miss that kid.

Elizabeth said...

I look at my oldest, and I just can't imagine! Have SOOOO much fun this weekend!!

Alyssa said...

I'm in tears. Please give her a hug from me too!

Bethmom said...

Walt and I were thinking about English when she was maybe two years old and how we would drive down the beach with her sitting on the center arm rest, throwing bread to the Sea Gulls. We had such fun with no adult supervision. Also, English's dancing ability as a very small child. She blew people away. Give her a big hug from us. Have a great trip.