Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jennifer's Before and After

A few weeks ago I had the following converstaion with my friend Jennifer.

Ebby: "Hello?"
Jennifer: "Ebby, are you coming over to Heidi's house today?"
Ebby: "I am on my way."
Jennifer: "Great! Go down this street and check out the table on the side of the road. It is free. If you think it is ok pick it up and bring it with you."
Ebby: "Curb side? I am on it!"

I went by this house and grabbed this table. It is a sewing machine table. Kind of a not so nice blonde wood with scratches and marks all over it. It also had this bronze handle that would open the front. The top also opened up.

Here is the table "before".
After much sanding, gluing the top down, cutting the legs down, some staining, standing back and looking, more staining, some painting, standing back and looking again, and a little more paint this is what Jennifer did to the table.

The old ugly handle is gone and replaced with a wooden applique. You can sort of see in the picture the distressing that Jennifer did. This table is so awsome now. It is sitting in Heidi's living room with a nice lamp on top.

I am having so much fun with all of this furniture re-doing...even when I am not the one doing it.

I hope to have some pictures of some of the things Ronnie and I have been working on this week. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

The McCutcheons said...

This is just like HGTV! :) Love it!

Bethmom said...

I have some things that could use a "new" look. How does a week at the beach for you, Jennifer and Heidi sound? Won't be all work and no play :)

Ebby Ray said...

We are on our way, mom!!!

the j-crew said...

I am SO packed!