Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Amazing weekend!

I had such a good time visiting English this past week/weekend. It was so good to just sit there and stare at her...listen to her laugh...hear her stories...and just plain hang out with her.

I arrived in Sacramento late Wednesday night. Thursday I talked English into driving 3 1/2 hours over to the coast so that I (the lame mom) could go to Glass Beach in Ft. Bragg, California. I had heard about this beach and really wanted some beach glass since I never really could find very much in North Myrtle Beach or when we went to So. Cal. in June. I convinced her that she should drive me over there. We drove, and drove, and drove. It was a long drive. We had some laughs on the way. Saw some fires and lots of fire trucks on the way there and back (different places). We ate at a lame resturant that was supposed to be nice...or so said the "local" that we asked. We both almost threw up because of the smell at Glass Beach. We picked up a lot of glass.

Here is a picture of what the beach sort of looked like.

It was crazy the amount of glass on that beach.

I am sure that you are wondering where the other pictures from my trip are. Well there aren't any. On the way to the airport I realized that I didn't have the camera with me. We were already more than half way there and couldn't turn back. (Lame mom again)

After our drive to the coast on Thursday we mostly hung out at English's VERY cute apartment. I really liked it. Mostly I just enjoyed my daughter's company. It was just what I needed.

I returned home on Sunday to a clean house. I don't know about anyone else, but coming home to a clean house is wonderful. It makes me feel like I can just sit down and relax after being on the plane all day.

Monday was spent at our friend's house. Brandon and Heidi have just recently moved into their brand new home. Brandon grilled some scrumptous ribs, Wayne made asparagus, Jennifer made backed Mac-n-Cheese and dessert, and Heidi made corn on the cob. Before lunch Ronnie and Heidi made a big huge batch of salsa. They put some in jars and are going to see how they turn out. If it is good they will can a bunch of it next summer.

What a great week I had. I got to hug English, which is just what my arms needed. I miss her so much already, and I want to call her right now-this minute and tell her that I love her. I got to have a wonderful Labor Day with family and friends I love.

Here is a picture of my girls, Jennifer and Heidi, and I from a few weeks ago. We were celebrating Heidi's little boys 1st birthday.

Here is Ronnie and I at the Angels game we went to in June while out in Cali. I was so tired, but it was such a great time.


Check back this week. I will have some pictures of before and after furniture. I may also share some things that we are doing in our house.

4 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

I thought I was your girl ... :)

Joia said...

Sounds like you had an amazing visit with English, I'm so glad! =)

Can't wait to see the furniture pics, and I'm Dying to know what else you've been working on! =)

The McCutcheons said...

Ebby, I can't imagine not being able to hug my daughters when I want. I might just have to hold them a little longer after reading your post. :)

TAV said...

I'm sorry I missed you, but so glad you went up to Ft Bragg and Glass Beach! That was a highlight of my July!