Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Snow Days

For as long as I can remember I have always deleted from my head any information I needed from my previous address. I am good with phone numbers but once I move and the information changes I figure I don’t need it anymore so I delete it from my mind. This is a pretty bad habit when you are trying to give someone a history of where you have lived (ie. the phone company, elect. co, etc.)

I realized today that I have also deleted from my mind information on what to do on snow days. We moved to North Myrtle Beach, SC in August of 2007, and I didn’t think that we would live in the north again. We moved and I deleted information.

This morning we woke up to about 1½ inches of snow that had fallen over night. Well I was excited. I love snow. I did remember to ask Hunter to go out and start the car. He remembered to turn on all the dials for the defroster, car seat warmer, and back windshield defrost. That is where the remembering stopped.

I walked out the front door with “slip on” shoes that were immediately filled with snow. Ugh…I need boots. So I go down the stairs to my car. I flung open my car door…before scraping off the snow around the top of the door and windows. Plop…my seat was then covered with snow. Ugh….I need a scraper.

After getting the snow off of the seat I got in and pulled out of the driveway. Down the hill I was going. Aaaaaaahhhhhh…I need to pump the breaks on my car when going down hill on a slippery road. I went sliding down the hill, but thankfully stopped before hitting Elton Hills Rd. Remember I didn’t think that we would be moving back to the artic northwest. I bought my car in May of 2007, moved in August of 2007, and didn’t have to drive in snow last winter.

I think after this morning that all the information for snow days in back in my head. I was trying to remember our address in North Myrtle Beach, but that is gone now. Guess the snow info replaced it.

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ebby, you crack me up! Just promise me you won't head outside in a bikini looking for the nearest beach! :-) (oh yeah, and slow down on bridges.)

The McCutcheons said...

LOL, you should have seen me this morning. I just walked outside and shoveled in my white, Bath and Body Work's bath robe. My "coat of many colors" fleece pants and top could be seen hanging out the bottom. :) I am so glad that most of our neighbors attend Calvary EFC and not CCC! Now, I wonder why I did that??? We all have our moments. You just had many "moments" in one minute.

yuan family said...

I also walked outside in shoes that qucikly filled up with snow! It is officially now winter in Rochester...

Anonymous said...

Hum... Which is worse, snow in your shoes or sand in your flip-flops? Have nothing to compare to sliding down a slippery hill... About all that winter snow removal stuff you sold? Do I see a new snow shovel in your future?

Sarah Carlson said...

Oh, my goodness, Ebby! I am lol right now! I can picture all of this, and it is completely cracking me up. I suppose I've always lived here, so I can't imagine forgetting, but this is still wildly hilarious to me! Thanks for making me smile. Today I am thankful for you!

Anonymous said...

"All I know is is", had our Creator wanted people to live under such conditions, you would not have to put shoes, jacket, pants, etc. Your body would be covered in hair like the rest of the Ray's, and you could stick your head in the water for an occassional fish for chow. This is your cue to wake up, dust off the skull and think "Hey"! there are better places suitable for human habitation. Please consider this this for the sake of the children.
Me

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh...as hairy as the rest of the Rays? No thank you.

You make me laugh. Hurry up and come visit!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Snow?!

I've definitely deleted that information.

Ebby I have emailed you twice. Have you forgotten about me?! :(