Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow Days - Part Three

How many of you knew that there was a “Winter Storm Warning” from 6:00 pm Monday to 6:00 pm Tuesday here in Rochester, MN? Ooo, ooo, I did!! (Picture me jumping up and down waving my arms in the air)

I watched the weather throughout the day yesterday. I was getting so excited about the approaching storm. I love snow. I love the quiet that it brings. Go outside while it is snowing and it is almost silent. Then everything is so white. Makes me think of that song “White As Snow.”

Yesterday I worked from 8:00-5:30 at Olmsted Medical Center and then had to get right over to Target by 5:30. I didn’t think that I was going to make it because the roads were covered and getting slick. I did make it just in time without having to drive dangerously.

My shift ended at 9:30 pm last night. I got my coat on, bundled up in my scarf and mittens. It really snowed while I was at work. I had all of my gear on and was heading across the parking lot. Didn’t I learn anything the other day? Immediately my t-shoes were filled with icy snow. I FORGOT MY BOOTS!

So this morning I thought that I was really on the ball. I got dressed for work and put on my snow boots with my pants tucked in the top of the boots. Pretty smart don’t you think? I was so on it!! I grab my things and headed out the door for work. I got to my car and wiped all of the snow off of my car door and window. See I did learn something from the other day. I sat down in my car and grabbed on to the wheel. It was then that I realized that I only had one mitten on and no coat. Grrrrrrrrrrr!

I got out of the car, went up the steps, went in the house and grabbed my coat and mitten off of the railing. While I was back in the house I yelled at Cole to grab my cell phone (I hadn’t had it for three days and people were asking if I had gotten their messages.) Back out to the car I went and off to work. I got to work and just put the hood of my coat over my head. Thankfully it wasn’t cold out.

This is going to be the last post on my snow adventures. From now on I am going to remember my gear and all the things I am supposed to do for winter driving.

Also, was that really a winter storm last night? It hardly snowed and I was very disappointed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew there was a winter storm warning in your area. Our weather forecaters get great delight in telling us how much snow is going to fall in other areas of the country. Guess they are also glad the snow is in MN and not at the beach. Do you remember the Christmas it snowed 24" here? Talk about shut down....

Anonymous said...

That was fun. No one could drive anywhere.

The McCutcheons said...

I didn't think it snowed much either and then....I started shoveling. I think it snowed plenty. Our kids loved being off school and playing in the snow!

the j-crew said...

It's time you learned how to prepare for winter like a Minnesotan. Always keep an extra pair of mittens and a hat IN your car! Extra blanket and coat in the trunk. My dad would be so proud of me!

the j-crew said...

It's time you learned how to prepare for winter like a Minnesotan. Always keep an extra pair of mittens and a hat IN your car! Extra blanket and coat in the trunk. My dad would be so proud of me!