Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Sick and Frustrated!!

I am sick! Thanks to Veronica I am pretty sick. Sore throat, runny nose, headache, my eyes and teeth hurt, coughing, sneezing, my throat is really sore...and I am tired. Veronica was sick for a few days before and during our trip back to Rochester. She is fine now, but she so graciously passed it on to me. It was a very kind jesture, but one that I really could have done without.

I am frustrated. When we scheduled our moving company they told me several times that we would have to be available for the delivery of our things between July 1 and July 7. If we were not available then it would be a fee of $300 per day for storage.

Last Friday I got a phone call telling me that our things wouldn't be here until July 9th. That is two days after our scheduled delivery time. This morning I got a call and they told me that our things wouldn't be here until July 10th. Now I am getting a little frustrated!

There is a family that is graciously letting us stay with them, but I am sure that they didn't think that it would be indefinately. Although I love their house and they have made us feel VERY welcome I don't want to take advantage of them.

So here is the question. Since we would have had to pay $300 per day for storage if we weren't available for our things to be delivered do we get a discount when they keep pushing back our delivery time?

Sick and Frustrated!!! That's me...Ebby Ray

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Bummer! I have a story. When we moved to Dayton, our things didn't arrive for four weeks and we all had the flu--awful--diarrhea and vomiting (with a 2 and 3 year old). We were sleeping on the floor (grocery store tile in Base housing) with sleeping bags. We had to go to the laundry mat every day. Once we recovered it became the most amazing time of our lives. To not be surrounded by stuff--nothing to clean really--it was pretty freeing. We had to borrow an artifical Christmas tree and ornaments from strangers. Hey--maybe you should just move into the house without your stuff! Sorry--hope it arrives soon!

Anonymous said...

This is the reason people should not live in the north pole. Other people (normal people) do not want to venture up there. So lets recap, unless you are freekin santa you should not live up there. Mayflower is the name of the moving company, and if not mistaken, it did not land in elfville. Maybe, just maybe someone is telling you not to live there. Or again, maybe not.
me