Thursday, July 17, 2008

Beware! Complaining ahead!

I try not to complain on here too much. I want this to be a blog where people can come and catch up on what our family is doing. I don't want people to come here and listen (read) to me complain.

Well that is going to change for just today. I am still sick! Not as bad as I was, but still sick. I have a sore throat, cough, sinus gunk, overly tired and this morning I woke up with a fever AGAIN! What the heck?!?! I took two naps today and still feel like I could go lay down and take another one. Geesh!

The bad part about me being sick still is that we are supposed to leave on Monday for a mission trip to North Dakota. Our whole family is going with the youth group from Monday through Saturday. We are heading to an indian reservation and having a mini camp for ages 5-18. It should be fun, but if I still feel like this while we are there I won't be of much use. I guess I could over see the "lay down and take a nap" portion of the day. Or how about the judge for the "see who can sit still and be quiet the longest" game?

I ran into my friend Jessica today at Target while I was out getting a few groceries. She had her two precious boys with her. Watching her do such a good job of keeping them wrangled up made me tired. They are small energetic boys, and for a split second I was glad that my boys were with their father at church. I couldn't imagine keeping up with two boys right now with the way I feel. As much as I love little babies today I am very thankful that my children are all self-sufficient.

Ok enough complaining. One to more important things. Hunter gets to play the drums for the youth group worship team that is going on the mission trip with us. He is so excited. He worked with Ronnie today to figure out the music and how Ronnie would like him to play it. Ronnie is going to play the bass guitar. What can't that man play? I can't even hum...but I'm not jealous. :) I will be working with the drama team and the basketball team while we are there. Basically I am a float and will be put where ever there is a need. It should be a great time.

For those of you reading this and your children have been around me lately...please don't worry. I don't think that I got this from Veronica and no one else in the family has gotten sick. I think it is just something I have and haven't passed around. If you or your child come down with anything please know that I am very sorry. Wasn't intentional....I promise.

Hope you all have a great evening!!

Ebby Ray

No comments: