Friday, March 7, 2008

A straw moment?

Our friend, Wendi K., had the greatest saying..."Get a straw.......and suck it up!!"

I think that our family has used this saying hundreds of times. Although there are times when I say this to the kids because of their whinning or moaning about something small I didn't use it this time with Veronica. When I saw her eye the morning after she got hit with a softball I knew that 1) it hurt 2) it was still hurting and 3) that if I said that she probably wouldn't talk to me again.

Wendi left a comment on the post before this one and asked Veronica if she needed a straw. Wendi is the only one that I know that could get away with that right now. Wendi could probably have gotten Veronica to laugh about it, and then Veronica and John would have started fighting about something and she would have forgotten about the eye. Why do you have to live so far away when I need your help!!

Actually, Veronica is doing ok with it all and hasn't complained about it too much. It is still hurting some, but is getting better as far as the pain goes. The way it looks is another story. Below is a picture that I took last night after her softball game.

Speaking of game last night....Veronica's team won. They were so excited. They lost the first game Monday night (when she got hit), but did a great job last night playing a pretty good team in their division. I don't think anyone expected them to beat this team, but they won 8 to 3. Veronica played the whole game at 2nd base. I think that is going to be her spot.
Oh look at that shiner. She is getting sick of me taking pictures of her eye. It isn't my fault. I see it everyday, but Ronnie isn't here so he keeps asking me to take pictures. Can you see the knot over her eye? Maybe I should have taken her to the doctor!?!? Oh well black eye or not she is still pretty!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice shiner....hope it feels better soon.
Scott

TAV said...

your poor eye, veronica! i'm sorry! nice pics, ebby! :)

Anonymous said...

it doesn't really hurt. just my head. mongo headaches!