Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Weekend

Finally we came to the end of a busy week. The church I work for has 4 different services that I had to get worship guides ready for this week (24 pages each). I was worn out at the end of Friday. Throw in the Prom on Thursday night and two softball games and it was a hectic week.

Today the kids and I went to the beach for a couple of hours. It was beautiful out and 78 degrees. The wind was strong, but that was ok. The kids played football and threw each other around for while. Then some of Veronica's friends showed up and they threw around a baseball. I got a little bored part way through our time at the beach so I took a walk. No one wanted to go with me so I took off for about 40 minutes. No fear that anyone was going to drown in the ocean due to the fact that the water is so cold still. There were some guys surfing, but they had full suits on.

While I was on my walk I was looking for some rocks brought in by the ocean as well as some drift wood. On my way I walked through the hard sand and on my way back I walked up towards the dunes in the soft sand. (My buttocks are going to be sore tomorrow from the soft sand.)

Veronica has already started working on her tan, which isn't fair because she looks at the sun and she gets brown. I get really tan, too, but I just don't go out in the sun very much. This time of the year is great since it is still cool, but in the middle of the summer I hate it when it gets so hot. I will try to enjoy the beach before the temps go into the upper 80's. Then it is me and the airconditioning....best friends!

My mom and I are going to sunrise service on the beach in the morning and then the kids and I will go to regular Easter services at 9:15. After that we head to my mom's for Easter lunch. Then I think that we will come home and chill for the afternoon. The kids are on spring break this week, but I have to work. Bummer. I wish I had the week off.

Happy Easter everyone. May we all stop and think about what this weekend stands for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

COME ON!!! Enough of the beach talk already. We are still getting snow here. It snowed here all day today. You are making me jealous.

I will be there in 8 days though...yay.

Anonymous said...

Marin and I just noticed that your name is the same as the Easter Bunny's (abbreviated)...EB. Hmmmmmmm...coincidence I think not!

Happy Easter Ray Family!

PS. Ron man, you gotta look at the bright side...Elmer Fudd likes the snow...makes for easier tracking.

"Be vewee, vewee quiet. I'm huntin' wabbit!"

TAV said...

Happy Easter!!!! Here's to it being SUNNY and 70 instead of 30 and snowing! :)

Kristi said...

The weather there sounds HEAVENLY! Did Ron tell you he was bringing company?