Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Isn't it amazing....

It is amazing how different people have come through our house...and stayed for a while. Back in Glasgow, Kentucky, Ronnie's cousin, Noah, came for a two week visit and stayed two months. He lived in our storage shed and the boys thought he was the coolest. Ronnie made a mistake one time cutting Hunters hair. He then had to shave all of Hunter's hair off to correct the mistake. After that Noah shaved all of his hair off, too, so that Hunter wouldn't feel so bad. He seemed to go home a different young man.

Then Ronnie's other cousin, Jenna (Noah's sister), came through our house. All she came away with was a tattoo...oops...and a few laughs.

Then we lived with a couple of med students in Rochester, MN. Wendi and John K., Tara and Tia all had to put up with us for a while. Poor people! I don't know if we did anything for them, but I do remember two deer, a broken into car, and many cookouts and dinners.

Now we are getting ready for another young lady to move in. Kayla will be coming to our house from Rochester on Saturday. She is a friend of Veronica's, and they attended youth group together at Christ Community Church. The plan right now is for her to live with us until we move back to Rochester in July. She will go back to Rochester with us at that point. Things can always change, but that is the plan for right now. She may decide that we are way to wierd and beg her mom to come home. Who knows!! :)

If you see a young lady in pictures on the blog with long dark hair that will most likely be Kayla. Give her a shout out and say hello. I am sure that she is going to be nervous the first couple of weeks. Say some prayers for her, too. Living with us may not be all fun a games...we are the dorky Ray's you know. Her mom will be checking in here on our blog every once and a while to see some pictures and such.

On to other news. English got her new job in the Air Force. She kept her Aircrew status and will be an Airborne Battle Manager. I have no idea what this is, but I am sure you could look it up on the internet. All I know is that she kept the status she wanted, which was a pretty high security clearance. That way she keeps the "cushy-ness" of her job. With this job she will be able to take college courses after she completes her training.

English will be at Lackland AFB, a base in Florida, a base in Washington state, and then stationed somewhere. I don't know the order or time table for each of these. I am sure that she will tell me as she goes along.

Now I have to make a funny...when she called she told me that she got her job. The Air Force is bad about using initials for everything. Her new job is ABM. Say it slowly...A....BM....think about it...think about it....a....bowl....movement. Bad I know, but it was the first things I though of. Dan H. would probably be proud of me if he knew.

Have a great day everyone.

5 DAYS UNTIL I SEE RONNIE!!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

It's scary when we start to think like Dan. I find myself predicting what he's going to say before the words are out of my mouth! Are you reading this, Dan? You're so predictable! And Ebby--just to tease you a bit about your typo, I'm sure he'd probably say, "Maybe a bowel movement, but what's a bowl movement?"

Missy Eagen said...

well first the hair is short now :)
second... trust me when I say she's coming from crazy! and third you bet your butt I'll be checking for pictures. My favorite pic is of her on the beach as a baby... can't wait to see her there again. (just wish I could be with her)

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo proud EB. Seriously!! To think I came to mind when you made a funny is nothing but sheer flattery.

And Kristi...predictability is part of my charm :)

Warping one mind at a time,
Dan

Anonymous said...

We are looking forward to adding another young person to our extended family. Missy, I promise to behave myself with Kayla... Can't wait to meet her.