Thursday, March 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to me??

My mom is so funny. Of course I have learned her little quirks over the years. One of the things she does is find a "reason" to buy someone something. She can't just go out and buy a gift. There has to be a reason or occasion behind it. This totally cracks me up.

This afternoon I got a phone call from my mom asking me where I was. I told her I was in the library at church eating lunch. She said ok...see you later. I thought this was a bit odd, but continued on with what I was doing (setting my phone alarm so I could take a nap during my lunch break). A couple of minutes later there was a knock at the library door and in came my mom. She had this big bag and said, "Happy Birthday Day!!"

Some of you may know that my birthday is in the summer (July 28th if you would like to write it down so you can yell Happy Birthday to me when the times comes). I get excited about my birthday so I announce it to everyone. I even tell people to wish me a happy birthday. I don't care about getting gifts I just want everyone to wish me a happy day.

Anyway, my mom gives me this big bag to open. In it was a Sony Handycam camcorder. It uses mini DVD R/RW's. This thing is awsome! The screen is so clear. The DVD's will be perfect for putting videos on the blog for Ronnie to see. It will also be great for when we move back to Rochester and I can send the DVD's back to mom so that she can watch them. It is so small and light weight. Speaking of sending the DVD"s to people I could even make copies and send them to Ronnie's family and to English.

I can't wait to use it, which I will do tonight at Veronica's game and on Saturday when Hunter plays the drums at the St. Patrick's Day parade down on Main Street. Sorry everyone...you may get sick of seeing video's on the blog.

Thanks mom!! I love it and I am glad that you wanted to celebrate my birthday today!!!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

What a nice quirk for a mom to have!

Anonymous said...

I know! And I am an only child!!!

Anonymous said...

are you 30 now?
me

Anonymous said...

32!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Cole has sorta gotten left out lately. No band trip or prom so maybe he needs a Wii.... Then he can tell his family when they can play games. That would be fun to watch!!!!

Anonymous said...

That's not fair. Actually, Cole would let me play. He would just keep Hunter and Veronica off of it. That actually might really be fun.