Saturday, March 8, 2008

Cookout in March

When I was talking to Ronnie this morning I was telling him about an interview I went on and what the kids were doing today. I went to a horse stable to interview for a position there. I would give trail rides and help take care of the horses. I don't think that I will get the job, but we will see how it will pan out. I think that it would be perfect until we move. I would get some good exercise and be outside a lot.

Anyway, back to the conversation. I was telling him what Hunter and Cole were up to and then mentioned that Veronica was going to a cookout tonight. He started laughing and said, "A cookout?!" I wasn't quite getting it and said, "Yes, a cookout...what?" He said, "Ebby, you are talking to a guy who is in 11 degree weather with snow on the ground. A cookout sounds funny."

Oh, thats right. I am in 68 degree weather...beautiful blue skies and confortable outside. Strong winds today though. I would have sat out in the back yard to get some sun, but the winds were too stong and blowing sand all over the place. Other than the wind it was a beautiful day.

Ronnie is in the middle of winter in Minnesota. Although most Minnesotians are probably sick of winter and have cabin fever, Ronnie did call me the other day and tell about snow that fell in the night and how beautiful it is. Winter is new for him so he is enjoying it...until I mention
cookouts. :)

One more thing. I got a hair cut today and I really don't like it. I am probably going to get all of my hair cut off this week. Yep, I will be going back to one of my short do's.

5 comments:

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ebbs, what happened to your other job?

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to have a cook out and all that it entails: warm weather, slight breeze in the trees, the smell of burgers or steaks on the grill, friends--in shorts and flip flops--over at the house. That is my happy place right now.

Anonymous said...

I am still working at the church.

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Ronnie -- plan ahead. In Minnesota you can only do that like one week of the year.

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! We use to have some pretty good cookouts at the house when we lived on 7th Ave. South.