Saturday, February 2, 2008

Softball, languages, and trips

Wasn't Veronica's post funny. I am glad that she kept her mouth shut. I am waiting for the day when she comes home with a black eye because she was beaten up. She is slowly figuring out the under currents of NMB High School.

Ronnie is in Rochester this weekend. I am sure that he will post something when he comes back. This weekend playing worship is Ronnie and his good buddies Mike Forde, Dan Howe and Ed Ro. When these guys get together I feel sorry for the worship leaders. They get silly. Ronnie can tell you about the mad skills that these guys have as musicians. Like who Mike Forde knows and has played guitar for in his past life before becoming a Prostodontist.

I am so proud of my daughters. Veronica for going out there and giving it all she had to make the softball team. She really worked hard and kept the complaing about hurting to a minimum. She has never played before...other than the basics in Phy. Ed. class. I am looking forward to going to the games. I will have to get the pom-poms, hat, face paint, and other game gear to wear to the games. Ok, I won't go that far, but I will get my game voice out and yell for her a lot. :)

I am also proud of English. She graduates from the language school portion of her military career on February 28th. She has stuck through it and done really well. Her finals are coming up over the next couple of weeks. Her teachers have told her that she will pass her exams (speaking, interpreting, and writing). She will then move on to some additional training and then her home base. Remember I can't tell you what she is going to be doing or she will have to kill us all.

Both of the girls can do some great things when they put their minds to it. I am so proud of them both!!

As a treat for both English and I, my dad is flying me out to Monterey so I can attend her graduation. I leave on the February 27th and come back on March 3rd. It will be a quick trip, but I will get to see my first born and also see Monterey. I haven't ever been to that part of California and I am very excited. I am hoping that we will get to spend the day in San Francisco that Saturday. It will be nice to see what English's life has been like for the past year and a half.

Thank you Walter-wee-winski for this great present! Also, thank you to my mom for keeping the other three kids while I am gone.

Have a good weekend peeps!
Ebby Ray

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very brave to leave the kids with us once again. I promise this time I will get a list of do's and don'ts before you leave. I am only sorry that I can't go with you. We are very proud of both of the girls and are glad that we have had this year to experience the Ray kids up close and personal. It will be very BORING when you move back to MN.
We love you all.

Rachel and Hans said...

that is great that you get to head about to english's graduation! what a fun place to visit, too.

congrats to veronica for making the softball team - you guys will have a fun spring!

TAV said...

i want to go to monterey! i have ski plans that weekend but wish i could see you when you're out in this neck of the woods!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could see you, too. Ski plans...does that have anything to do with the new beau?

yuan family said...

We missed Ron in church this weekend since Brandon was on call... That is so exciting that you get to go to Monterey...how neat!

Anonymous said...

i thought my post was very funny. And i can defend myself. probably not, but confidence is always good! :]