Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hit the Ground Running


Well I have started my job at the church and already have a whole lot to get done. I have been engaged and busy every second of the past two days. It has been fun. It is also fun when you see people in the halls or somewhere else and they look at me once, then quickly look at me again. Except the second time they have their mouth wide open. "I thought you left!" or "YOU'RE BACK!" usually follows out of the open mouth.


I am staying with the Steggerda family. They have been so incredibly hospitable. They truly have a gift for that. So far we have stayed up talking for a while every night and Monday night we watched an episode of MASH with our dinner. I forgot how hilarious that show is. I can't wait to see more of them. The have several of the seasons on DVD.


My wife is flying to Monterey, CA to visit our oldest, English. As you know, English is done with one phase of her training. My heart goes out to her because she didn't pass this part of the training. There was no second chances either. She spent 16-18 months working hard and studying for something she has to scrap now. I know she is bummed. She has to pick another job now and go through that training from the start. I am glad Ebby will be there to cheer her up, at least for a few days. My mom and uncle John are going too. Those two always guarantee a good time.

Have an awesome day!

No comments: