Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Poor Bethmom

Our children call my mom, Bethmom. English started this when she was little. Walt called her Beth and I called her mom so English just put them together and Bethmom is what she has been called ever since. Walt is Waltwee...there is nothing "wee" about this man. He is about 6'4" (I am guessing.) A person that tall can't be "wee."

The reason I titled this Poor Bethmom is because I leave today for Monterey, California...by myself. Ronnie is in Minnesota. That means that my mom is keeping all three kids for the weekend. Poor Bethmom.

Veronica has softball practice every afternoon. Hunter has Jazz Band practice at 7:15 on Thursday mornings. All three kids will have to be taken to school and then the boys will be picked up from our house in the afternoon. There is also church on Wednesday nights that they have asked to go to tonight. Poor Bethmom.

Thankfully there are some kids in my mom's neighborhood that the boys like to play with, and Veronica is staying with a friend Friday night and possibly Saturday night. Hunter likes to stay up and watch movies or sports with Walt. The boys packed a game station to have for the weekend. They also took skateboards and Hunter's ripstick with them. They should be able to stay busy and not drive mom and Walt crazy.

I am going to go and enjoy my time with English, my mother-in-law, Jan, and uncle-in-law, John. John and Jan are driving up from Southern California. It should be a great weekend.

Maybe Ronnie will post some while I am gone. I am sure that everyone would like to hear from him, too.

Have a great weekend!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe Bethmom will "boot camp" the kids. Just kidding. They always have a good time.

Anonymous said...

Not to worry about the kids driving me crazy. Usually it is the other way around. I have some "fun" activities planned like yard work and laying black fabric and putting down rocks. Great for the arm muscles.... Seriously, both Walt and I love having the kids to ourselves without any "adult supervision" which sometimes get us all in trouble... I am just happy that Ebby is getting to go to California.

TAV said...

I hope you enjoy Monterey and have great weather! Yay, California!