Thursday, January 31, 2008

Important news from the life of Veronica Ray.

I don't know if many of you know this, but recently I (Veronica Ray) started conditioning for softball. Just your basic running a mile 3 days a week, ab work, lunges down the football field, the usual. Well this week, tryouts started. On Monday we did throwing, and we ran some, but that was it. The same thing happen on Tuesday. I decided on Tuesday that if I hadn't done conditioning, my arm would have fallen off. I do realize that this story is Pretty boring, but I'm getting to the good part. Well on Wednesday, be threw, ran and batted a little. The 7-8th graders weren't done yet so the 10th-12th graders had to do timed sprints. They were lovely. Ha Ha not. Today (Thursday) we threw and batted. I did pretty well. Alot of mine were grounders, but at least I hit the ball. So the last girl was batting and she hit a pop fly. A girl went to catch it, but it bounced off her glove and smacked the girl behind her in the face. I heard a thunk, but the girl covered her face and there was a ball coming so I went to try to catch...I missed, but that's not the point. When I turned back around, the girl's hand wasn't on her face anymore, just a bunch of blood. I turned to my friend and said,"I don't do well with blood." So I turned around and started collecting the balls that we had missed. I come back to the group around this girl (her name is Carli) and Mrs. Brown, the coach, is helping her take her shirt off to put on her eyebrow, which is now dripping blood. Not just you random little spirts, it's pouring blood. As the rest of the group follows Carli and Mrs. Brown back to the dug I run around the field and collected the rest of the balls, because I wanted to give Carli her space. Antoher coach tells us to sit on the bleachers and to wait. As soon as I sit down, all i hear is the girl, whose glove it bounced off, telling the story again. Except I don't hear the same story I just told you. Instead all i hear is "I did this, I did that, blah, blah, blah." This is one of my biggest pet peeves, when someone takes someone elses story and makes it about them. GRR!!! It just makes me really angry. I do realize that I've probably done this before, but I really try not to. This girl was getting on my last nerve. I almost, almost turned and said something to her, but I held my tongue. You should be proud. One other thing you should be proud of......

I.....MADE THE SOFTBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!! I only made JV, but I'm really excited because I've never played softball before!!! AHHHH!!!!!!! I'm still trying to believe it. Well all that just for these past 3 sentences. Well that's the impotant news. EEEKKKK!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Veronica! :) very impressed with the conditioning. I may need a trainer this summer :)

Deanna said...

Hey Veronica...BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!!

That is so fantastic and we are all so proud of you. Please keep us posted on how you do at your games and stuff. YOU ROCK!!!
Love you,
Aunt Deanna

Sarah Carlson said...

Hooray for Veronica! Way to go! :)

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

CONGRATS VICTORIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

way to go sister!!! you get you athletic ability from your uncle scott... really!!

love, me

Anonymous said...

your probably right uncle scott. thanks every body! I'm pumped!