Tuesday, December 18, 2007

When it rains it pours!

Well our family can't seem to catch a break here lately (yes, I am whinning).

Yesterday I got a call from Ronnie during my lunch break. Here is how the conversation went:

ER: "Hello"
RR: "Hey"
ER: "Hello!"
RR: "Guess what?"
ER: "What?" (Right now I am thinking he is going to say, "I love you." This is usually how our little conversations go.)
RR: "Ummmm, I am in the emergency room."
ER: "You're what!"
RR: "I am in the emergency room."
ER: "What happened?"
RR: "I cut my arm."
ER: "You did what?!?!"
RR: "I cut my arm with a box cutter."
ER: "You did what?!?!?!"
RR: "I was trying to cut a zip cord and cut my arm."
ER: "Do I need to come to the hospital?"
RR: "No. I drove myself here. I will be fine. I have never bled like I did when I cut it. Blood gushing out all over the place."
ER: "Are you ok?"
RR: "Yes I will be fine."
ER: (realizing that he was ok) "You ding-dong!"
RR: "I know, but you should have seen all the blood gushing out. I have never bled like that before!"

My husband received 3 stitches for the puncture wound he received from stabbing himself with a box cutter. One of the nurses actually asked him while he was on the phone with me if he did it on purpose. I thought that was weird. Anyway he came home with the "take the stitches out yourelf" kit and he will remove them from his arm next week. He was still talking about how bad the bleeding was when we went to bed last night.

Then this morning the poor man woke up to a flat tire on his work van. When it rains it pours.

We are off to Charleston tonight for Hunter's surgery. I won't find out what time his surgery is scheduled for until between 2-4 this afternoon. We are going to stay in a hotel over night so that we all get a good night's sleep and don't have to get up at 2:30 in the morning to make the 2 1/2 hour drive.

Ronnie's cousin, Scott Ray, and his children are going to meet us in Charleston for a couple of days while Hunter is in the hospital. I am hoping that they come back to the beach for the weekend at least.

English will get here Friday morning. I haven't seen her since last Christmas and can't wait for her to get here. It will be great to have all my children under the same roof again. Veronica leaves for Minnesota on the 26th so at least I will have them all together for 5 days.

Well I will be off the computer for a couple of days, but will post the results of Hunter's surgery as soon as I can. Thank you for all the prayers!

Love,

Ebby Ray

4 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

glad ronnie is ok. prayers for hunter and have a great family christmas!

TAV said...

man, i think you need a dr. in your family! :)

Ray said...

Tell Hunter we are praying for him.

Anonymous said...

Catch up comments:
1. Glad to hear that things went well with Hunter's surgery (via Wendi's blog) - we're eager to hear more updates.
2. Ebby, I got excited just reading your post about Hunter's drum solo - I wish we could have been there!
3. Ronnie - stay away from sharp objects. :) And I liked your post "Weirdos" - that was very funny. :)