Sunday, December 23, 2007

Pedal to the Metal (by RR)

Tuesday morning I left my house and finally returned to it last night!! What an adventure!

Of course we went to Charleston for Hunter's surgery. As you know, everything went perfect. I mean completely perfect. I think the worst of Hunter's pain was when they injected him with a local to numb his hand for the IV tubes. He is doing so great. In the bible, there are so many times when God does wonderful things for HIs people. THe people responded by building an altar, or offering praise, or telling others what He had done. I am unable to build an altar at this point, but I am able to give praises to The Almighty King of Heaven and Earth. He has healed our son. He has brought our family closer through this situation. He has sustained and provided for our physical and spiritual needs. Praise God!

After Charleston we spent our time with my cousin Scott and his kids in Myrtle Beach. We had a blast. We were doing something every minute of the day. It is amazing how even though you don't see someone for a very long time, it is so easy to pick things up right where you left off. That is how it was with all of us.

The same with my daughter English...we haven't seen her in a year but we just pick up right where we left off. It is so good to see her too. THings feel "complete" now. If only for a couple of weeks.

I have a total of four days off from work. I am so happy about this. I haven't had some real "days off" in a long time. Today I am just relaxing. I may put some clothes on...I may not. I haven't decided yet.

I am a total SAP around the holidays. I can't help but reflect a little deeper on all of the things in my life that are meaningful to me. I am thankful to God for all of the good things in my life. Actually, in a way, I am also thankful for the things that most people wouldn't consider "good". I am also very thankful for the amazing relationships we have developed in our lives. We are so uplifted and blessed to have an amazing network of family and friends...like you.

Merry Christmas! God entered mankind on this day. Let's celebrate!

No comments: