Saturday, December 8, 2007

Christmas Party and Baggy Britches

Tonight Ronnie went to what will probably be our one and only before Christmas Party. We will be going to the Christ Community Church Staff Christmas party in January, but this will be our only one before December 25. Usually we don't even go to any Christmas parties. The one we went to tonight was Ronnie's work staff party. It was fun. Beautiful house...nice people...great food...I ate too much...some drank too much. Then we rode around and looked at Christmas lights trying to see where we wanted to drive around with the kids tomorrow night. We found some doozies!
Here is a picture of Ronnie and I as we were leaving for the party.

Here is another picture of me before we left for the party. I have only told a few people what I have been doing, but here is a picture of it.

I have lost 27 pounds...before I ate to much tonight. :) I started on October 6th. My next goal is to lose another 6 pounds by Christmas. Shouldn't be too hard. Through Thanksgiving I didn't gain any weight. As long as no one gives me any more peanut butter cookies, like a member of the church I work for did on Thursday, I should be able to meet that goal.


One other thing before I head off to finish reading my book. Hunter is having surgery on December 19th to remove the tumor from the left side of his head. He will be at MUSC for one night if all things go according to plan. He could get a titanium plate on his skull from where the tumor was or they will graft another peice of skull bone and use screws to attach it to the place where was. Hunter said it would be fun if he could stick magnets to the side of his head. I said that I would gule a magnet on to his pencil so he could stick it on there and not lose it. At least he was laughing about it. Ronnie is going to clip his hair short before surgery so that when they shave part of his head it won't be so noticeable. And by the way....we know that magnets won't stick to titanium. We were just being silly.


Hope you all have a great weekend.
Ebby Ray

5 comments:

Rachel and Hans said...

ebby - congrats on the weight loss! that's awesome! we'll be thinking about you guys and hunter as he gets ready for his surgery.

TAV said...

Wow, Ebby! You are my hero! You guys (esp. Hunter) are in my thoughts!

Wendi Kitsteiner said...

Go Ebby! I told you when you decided to lose the weight you'd be able to do it in a heartbeat. You are so good at the stuff.

katie said...

Ebby-
This is Katie, JB's sister. Only met you once or twice, in KY I think, but happened upon your blog awhile ago through Wendi's blog. Anyways, just wanted to let you know little Hunter (who's not as little as I remember him) is in my prayers.
And good luck with the weight loss, you're looking great!

Gabbs said...

Hey Ebby,

I know this is a little late, but I wanted to tell you how proud I am of you. You're doing great. Since I've only lost about 35lbs, it seems as if you are catching me, so I must get my butt in gear and make sure that doesn't happen, lol. Anyway, just wanted to tell you how awesome you're doing. Keep it up!!