Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Day

I have been meaning to write about our Christmas Day, but I have been so exhausted that all I have been able to do was go home and go to bed.
We had a wonderful Christmas Day! We were so blessed with the many gifts we received and with being with my parents. I love watching my children open presents. It is so much fun. This year I got to watch my dad, Walt, open presents and that was just as fun. We usually go around in a circle with each person opening one present until they are all opened. Walt couldn't wait. He was quietly pulling off tape, slipping his finger under the paper and riping it open when it was someone elses turn. It was so cute.

The kids got a lot of things off of their wish list. MP3 players were around, a cell phone, clothes, Cole got a bike, Hunter got a rip stick, both boys got helmets, money was in all of our stockings, Walt got tools galore, Beth got a new coat, Veronica a plane ticket to MN, and English a plane ticket to come home for Christmas plus many more things.

After opening all the presents we were all saying what a wonderful Christmas this was. We were so blessed with our gifts. Then Ronnie says, but wait there's more. He had to go outside to get some gifts that "Santa" had left for us. Now we don't normally do Santa things, but after receiving our gifts we were more than happy to have Santa stop by our house. Cole got a longboard-skateboard, Hunter a double bass drum peddle, English a big Starbucks card, Ronnie got some special order Converse shoes, and Ebby got some Ugg boots. Our whole family got a new computer. I will share with you what Veronica got in just a minute.

Now I was one happy woman. I got two things that I had really wanted. Ugg boots and a sweater drying rack. I didn't have anywhere to dry sweaters that needed to lay flat to dry so my mom got me a new rack that has a fan to dry them more quickly. I used it last night and they were all dry this morning. YES!

Now I will let you all guess what Santa brought Veronica for Christmas. It was perfect for her trip to Rochester (she left yesterday). No telling what we will see when she comes home.

By the end of the day English was getting sick of Veronica's present from Santa!

We had a wonderful day, and yes we were at the beach on Christmas day. It was beautiful out so we all put on sewatshirts and went down to the beach to take our family photo. I will post those later.

Thanks mom for all your hard work making our Christmas day great...dinner was excellent!

Ebby Ray

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very welcome but believe me, the best part of Christmas was that we were finally ALL together. It was fun putting things out after the boys went to bed and sending you and Ron out into the cold??? so Walt could add just one more thing.... Santas surprise visit was also special. You were correct, this was a most wonderful, blessed Christmas.

Missy Eagen said...

I just saw your beautiful daughter, she was with my beautiful daughter and they were heading to the mall.... of course! :)

Anonymous said...

Tell her no drugs, drinking or schmecking with boys for me.

TAV said...

looks like you guys had an awesome christmas!!! :)

Rachel and Hans said...

your kids are so gorgeous! what a fun family!!

glad you had a great Christmas together.

Sarah Carlson said...

I'm surprised no one has guessed what Veronica got yet! I say it was a new camera! It looks like she was having a great time, too. I saw Veronica at church this morning, but only got a "hi!" in. She looked like she was managing well. :) Soon you'll be here to visit! YEAH!

Anonymous said...

She just told me that she went to CCC this morning. I am glad that she went. I have only spoken to her once since she left. Bad mom!

Your guess is right. Veronica with a camera is dangerous. No telling what kind of picture you are going to end up with. Our friends John and Wendi would always end up with pictures of feet (I think) and other odd things.