Friday, January 18, 2008

Ice Ice Baby

We are sitting here as a family listening to Ice, Ice, Baby by Vanilla Ice. It is sad that Veronica and Ronnie can sing the whole song and the rest of us can sign 1/2 of it. I can't even believe that I am admitting that we are listening to this song. Word to ya motha!

I was going to title this, "Ebby gets the dunce cap today," but Ice, Ice, Baby was better. Ooooo now we are listening to "Wanna Be" (tell me what you want, what you really really want) by the Spice Girls. Boy are we dorks. We know the words to this, too. We even know the dance to both of these songs.

Ok, back to Ebby wearing the dunce cap...if we had one. A week and three days ago I was rear ended while in the exit driveway of Coles school. $2,600 worth of damage. Well I got my car back this past Tuesday. Lovely new lift gate and bumper. Perfect matching paint job. Beautiful work the boby shop did. No hastles from the insurance company. Nice man that hit me. Told the insurance company right away that it was his fault.

Fast forward to this afternoon. I was running an errand for work. Parked my car. Did errand. Got back in my car. Put the car in reverse. Backed up. Backed up into a concrete pillar. No more perfect looking bumper. Hence the dunce cap.

I have never in my 23 years as a driver been rear-ended by another car or hit a post of any kind. As a matter of fact I have only been in three accidents. Two I was a passenger and one when I was 16 and I was the driver (my mom still doesn't believe me about the black truck that seemed to force me off the road.) I have only had one speeding ticket in 22 years. Ok...I have been pulled over...a couple of times...but I have only been issued one speeding ticket.

Backing into a concrete pillar within three days of recieving perfectly repaired bumper and liftgate= Ebby wearing a dunce cap.

4 comments:

Sarah Carlson said...

Oh! Ebby! What a bummer. I guess everybody's bound to have something silly like this in their life, but how frustrating. Oh, well. I can tell you still have your sense of humnor about it, so that's great. It was good to hang out with you a little last weekend. :) And on a related note- I'm making muffins again this morning (for John's brother who is staying with us). I'm trying a new chocolate chip muffin recipe. YUM!

Sarah Carlson said...

Oh! I almost forgot. I love the idea of you all hanging out singing songs like "Ice Ice Baby!" Ha!

Anonymous said...

Those muffins were gooooo-oood!!!

Anonymous said...

You have always been "lucky", or maybe "good" where tickets are concerned. You are the only person I know that can get stopped, have the car impounded and talk the rookie cop into taking you home... Now, that's good.... It would have been cheaper for you to get tickets instead of paying tow charges and impound fees :)